Guess who is getting announced as no longer being a JW

by atacrossroads 23 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

see pm.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    atc - They asked him if he was an apostate because he was acting like one.

There isn't a palm or a face big enough for this one. Words fail me apart from screaming 'CULT'.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Never a JW but a big child advocate congratulations. Big smiles on my face for your husband standing up to his parents.

Hugs and congratulations on the little one enjoy.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Congratulations to you and your family. I don't have children, but highly agree with your husband that I would want any child to grow up without any of the JW garbage put upon them.

• under the radar
    under the radar

Your husband did the right thing in nipping the JW indoctrination of his child in the bud. You and your child and he will all be much better off in the long run.

I hope you will show him how much you appreciate his taking a stand to protect your little family. He rocks!

All that aside, congratulations on your new little one. The next 21 years or so of your lives are gonna be great! There is nothing like the love between a parent and child.

Without the undue influence of religious superstition, it's hard to believe anyone could shun their child for any reason. We may not approve of all their adult decisions, and sometimes they have to suffer the harsh consequences of their actions, but shunning them is another thing altogether. Although we live far apart, my adult son knows I am there for him 24/7, as he is for me. He knows I would never shun him, under any circumstances. That is unconditional love, and I think it's the most important thing a parent can give a child.

• mikeypants
    mikeypants

Does your husband moonlight by chance? I see a side business opportunity for him.

I'd hire him to go to my family's house and do the same for my situation. I'd stand behind him and say "yeah!" every few minutes and then run out of the house before he was finished.

Great job. I need to have that discussion with my parents soon... My daughter is almost old enough for them to play Sophia videos.

• DonQuixote
    DonQuixote

Happy Independence Day!

You will now know what it is to truly be free if you continue on a journey of self growth and enlightenment and not swirl in a cesspool of sadness or hate.

• Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster

Your husband rocks. You must have been practically swooning with admiration for him. Congrats on the upcoming addition to your newly free family.

And what a lucky little girl she will be, to be raised with totally unconditional love, and with joy for life instead of that drab, dreary pointless existence in that doom and gloom cult. My two are 27 and 29 and to this day, I am so thankful that they got normal childhoods versus the misery I had to endure. My mother tried to interfere in that when they were young so be vigilant because they can't help themselves. They're compelled to inculcate the young and may be sneaky, like my mother was. All the best.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Congrats to you both. Sometimes I hear these stories and I wonder if they could have gone better, not broken up the extended family......but everyone has their own journey. You have to protect your own family first. I am sure his parents think the same thing.

Now you can get on with the business of living!

• atacrossroads
    atacrossroads

Thank you all for the wonderful responses. I consider myself very fortunate to have him and I know he will be a wonderful father. He has been very angry with his parents lately and feels so cheated that he missed out on so many years with his brother. He's mad at himself for not making contact when he turned 18. It's all based on BS.

When I first exited I was so determined not to have the label of being df'd and wanting to maintain a relationship with family and friends. In the end I could care less if I am df'd and even though technically I am not I still don't have a relationship with them. It's so strained and not worth maintaining because of all the strings attached.

It's been a journey. At least this newest generation will not know what its like being a JW. My daughter and nephew will know what unconditional love is and will be educated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit