If Whites Are Inherently Racists.....

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Simonsez
    Simonsez

Atheism in babies is not a conscious decision. Religion is a learned behavior in my estimation.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Babies don't even know what age they are. And if the parents lie to them about their age... they have learnt the wrong thing. But as you get older and learn more things you can make an assessment of the facts and make a choice, just like everyone has done throughout history.

Deut 30:19

Let heaven and earth be my witnesses against you this day that I have put before you life and death, a blessing and a curse: so take life for yourselves and for your seed:

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I believe racism and religion is innate in people. They both stem from long, evolutionary processes that have been proven quite helpful in the past. This has been proven in young children, even controlling for a range of factors such as education and personal beliefs of the parents.

The explanation is quite simple: If you are in an area with low resources, you find out grouping is beneficial, but too large a group is not. So you make a small group, you need to keep them together so you make up stories about the darkness outside the range of the campfire, this fear of the darkness is quite natural, because people that wander out there are more likely to get eaten => religion is born.

So you have a small group, there isn't enough resources to grow the group, you find another group, you kill them. Now you are sentient enough to know killing is wrong, because killing within your group is bad for survival (you kill the hunter, you starve, you kill the healer, you get sepsis), but you just killed others that act and look like you. So you come up with stories about how they are "different", "less human" => Now tribalism is born, racism is just a form of tribalism.

These things have been tested in groups of young children and both close and remote ancestors of primates. Groups form when there is sufficient resources but too much danger for individuals. Tribalism forms when there is a shortage of resources for a larger group.

Kids tend to share and form groups as long as there are enough toys. When you take away some toys so they don't have enough for everyone, kids will start to form groups and fight, those groupings don't necessarily make sense, but generally along the lines of observation, how they look, race, gender, smell, even clothing items, clothing colors etc. As kids get older, they make more nuanced distinctions and come up with more elaborate stories about these distinctions.

• Corney
    Corney

Another few years of this "progressive" idiocy, and no one, except for devoted Wokeists, will bother to challenge accusations of "racism," "misogyny," "transphobia" etc. They'll just be answered with "So what?" or "Like it's a bad thing."

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Non whites are racists because they notice differences and common traits in races. They have not been taught it is a bad thing. Famous example is the newer chinese advert for laundry soap, where a naughty black guy is lured by a chinese beauty only to be thrown into a washing machine. Up comes a white skinned china man, he has been washed clean 😁😁. I hope the days of unchallenged Western self hatred are coming to an end. Just as the individual needs to be self confident, the Western nations need national pride and selfreservation to protect themselves against less accomplished cultures

• Thetruthhurts
    Thetruthhurts

I have to say, I'm a little surprised by this post. I'm white, my husband is black. I have somewhat of a full perspective on this. I would argue whites are NOT 'inherently' racists, no one is. This is very different than whites inherently having privilege that minorities do not. White people want to get their panties all bunched up their butt till they can't walk straight because they feel attacked. Having privilege doesn't make you a racist. History speaks for itself, but we all have a choice. Anyone can choose to be racist. With that said, because of learned behaviors and systemic racism there is a need to teach anti-racist behaviors to white children in particular but that's not because they will inevitably grow up racist, it's because of the society that's been built and the effects of slavery years down the line etc. I could go on about this but I'll stop here 🙂

• stillMS
    stillMS
    Thetruthhurts - did they tell you there were non-white slave-owners, and white slaves?

Did they tell you the world is not that uniform to make such broad statements like 'whites inherently having privilege that minorities do not'?

P.S. I too could go on about this but I'll stop here 🙂

• Thetruthhurts
    Thetruthhurts

stillMS - this should be fun 🙂 nobody is talking about white slaves. Point blank.

• Italiancalipso
    Italiancalipso

I feel this is enlightening on this topic:

https://youtu.be/WNM4txmV0Lc

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This racist nonsense has been debunked. That fraud Robin DeAngelo was only pedalling this snake oil for her own ends. I've read sections of her book and there is racism against black people in it. Then she advertised that you can pay her money and she will cure you.

I've had enough of this insanity.

Why do they only see 2 colours?

Get a bloody life, seriously.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit