Gross! Grooming of young brothers in the KH to do more for Jehobadahhh and his organ-nigh-say-shun! I saw it myself.

by macys 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The thing about JWS elders is that they are chosen as power trippers and they are there to critically watch over the behavior of the people who attend the congregation.

Kind of like middle management brainwashers for the Watchtower Corporation.

Power that can be selective and over bearing at times relative to the individual.

It is true that some JWS elders were found to be elusive pedophiles but its not a common situation to be realized.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    No one is reaching out. Soon they will be making 14-15 year old Elders. lol
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    BTW, while I agree with the OP, the hunch about an elder being a 'pedo' is a cheap shot.

NOT so. Sometimes your intuition is a subconscious realization that there are not so obvious clues leading you to believe something.

Maybe there's an underlying homosexual leaning that the elder is trying to hold back on and his attraction for the young man is getting betrayed through very subtle cues. Cues that may not be straight (pun) out in the open but just an incontrollable reflection of hidden repressed desires.

Just sayin'

• stillin
    stillin

I think most men are oblivious to those creepy vibes that Macy feels. My wife told me that a certain brother was undressing sisters with his eyes. I paid more attention and, yup!

We guys just aren't used to being ogled, at least not by other guys.

I began to pay more attention to a certain CO who played the "kindly, grandfatherly" type. Always put his hands on the sisters' waists, high and low, and, maybe it was innocent, but I asked my wife to keep her distance because he was creeping me out. She thought I was being silly but I think she grudgingly agreed.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Grooming of young brothers in the KH to do more." - macys

EVERYTHING OLD IS NEW AGAIN!

I bet if you ask some of the older posters here that were raised in the religion they will have a story similar to mine. At 12 years old I was the permanent reader at the Book Study and one of the attendants at the Kingdom Hall. We moved to where the need was greater and I was baptized at 15 years old. Our congregation was holding rural meetings on Sunday to start a new congregation and the only two brothers were me and an Elder. I was the official chairman every other meeting and the permanent Watchtower reader. At the Circuit Assembly I was the assistant attendant servant. When I was 17 years old I was 'sent' (I hate that) to pioneer in a congregation with only 2 Ministerial Servants and NO Elders. The Circuit Overseer contacted the Service Department to see if they would appoint me a Ministerial Servant (as a carrot I think to give me a reason to stay in this congregation and not go to Bethel) and he was told that they would do it. When the CO asked if I could be appointed an Elder at 18 the Service Department said that they didn't think that it would be a problem but that the Governing Body(tm) would have the final say. The Watchtower Society liked to groom their 'company men' from a young age years ago because it worked so well. Give a young man position and prestige and he won't be able to give it up that easily. Once you get used to the position you tend to get comfortable and stay along for the ride.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    I totally agree with Sparky's comment, back in the day this was common procedure. I remember being a teenager and being an attendant at the district convention. Not just me but a lot of young brothers were used like that. As soon as I was baptized I was on the schedule to do the mics. That may seem like a small thing but when you're a kid it really does feel like a responsibility. Each young brother would be put into a natural progression that would lead to being an MS and eventually an Elder. Only those who showed a bad attitude or didn't handle their responsibilities would not be given more to do. It was like you had to reach out, you weren't really given a choice.
  • steve2
    steve2
    And, at same time, it is flattering as a youth to have elders say positive things to you about your qualities and aspirations. In and of itself, there is nothing wrong with this because it is the way insular groups survive and even thrive.
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    Macys, reinstatement? Would I be wrong to assume this is for family reasons and not because you believe it's the right religion? How do you hide your lifestyle to your family and the other dubs? That must be really hard and really frustrating. I hope your family accepts you back and doesn't shun you again if you try to fade later.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I think it is commendable that macy has apologized for her comment on him being a pedo.

However my wife thinks women`s intuition is spot on

I`m not wholly convinced .

macy I have to question why you would ever want to get reinstated ? to get closer to family members who so easily discard you ? because you no longer believe what they want you to believe ? How shallow they are , if that is the case .Who needs family like that , your better off without them ,if that is the case.

If you do jump through the hoops and navigate the maze of B.S. to get reinstated , I give you six months at the most before you dump them again , and this time for good.

All the best to you girl ? and take care .

smiddy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Grooming"...

x

Urgh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit