Special Pioneer Vow Of Obedience And Poverty Contract - Is This Legit?

by pale.emperor 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I had to sign something like that also in 1994 when I entered Bethel.

It was STRESSED to us that we could not do any secular work while at Bethel (except on our holidays) We only got 1 day holiday for every month worked. ie so 12 days in total each year.

I did not have family with money to support me, so I had to use all my vacation days to do work window cleaning just to pay the expenses of running a car. (We got a small vehicle allowance but it wasn't enough to cover costs) And we couldn't live without a car here in that part of Sydney

But some Bethelites had secret jobs after hours (like in a petrol station). When it was found out, they would be severely disciplined.

It all seems so culty and high-control now. But back then we thought it was normal!

• Chook
    Chook
    That is a slave contract. Welcome to the “ order “ brother . It’s all done so as to not have to feed you if you plan to leave the chains.
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

I signed an older version of this in 1991 when I entered Bethel. While at Bethel I earned money doing accounting work each year around tax time, which I advised the Branch Committee about.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Special Pioneer Vow Of Obedience And Poverty Contract - Is This Legit?

You got your answer, seems like it is. Talk about making a pact with the Devil!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit