Just got an apology from an exJW

by Village Idiot 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

So I'm back from the store walking to my apartment, over a hundred units in the complex - all JWs and ex-JWs - and I see someone talking to an ex-JW neighbor of mine. She turns around and says "Now there's some else I have to apologize to".

She identified herself as an old neighbor who used to play as a JW child right by my place. She had told me how she was raised to consider me and all the ex-JWs in the apartment complex as evil and thought she had to apologize for that.

Made my day.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    It sounds like a crazy place to live!
  • talesin
    talesin

That is so nice. i had a similar experience with a guy from school, who had teased me mercilessly (boys and their crushes).

It's a lovely feeling to know that someone thought that much of you. And I'm sure it made her day, too! : ))

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Maybe one day ex-JWs will outnumber JWs on the block!

I'm trying to picture what sort of place this is. Is it in America?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Slimboyfat: "I'm trying to picture what sort of place this is. Is it in America?"

Yeap. 120+ apartments spread over 11 acres with front and rear lawns for most of them. Almost like a village.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Nice story, see its pays to be honest and intelligent.

• rebel8
    rebel8

This post made me remember something I had forgotten. After leaving, I tried making amends to those I harmed as a result of being in the cult. I apologized the RC church for writing a DA letter. I apologized to many worldly relatives and others. For the most part, they seemed totally uncomfortable when I brought it up. A few felt relief.

I don't know if any of these apologies made anyone feel better overall, come to think of it.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    How does the forum software keep deleting my middle paragraphs?
  • Giordano
    Giordano
    Nice story I bet in the coming years there will be many more reconciliations between shuners and shunees.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Wasanelder Once: It sounds like a crazy place to live!

They ignore me and I ignore them.

I'm friends with a couple of disfellowshipped neighbors and an ex-CO who is still in - mentally out - provides me with all the juicy gossip about those neighbors still in JWdom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit