Any regrets whilst you were in the Org

by Tallon 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

yes the usual gripes about my childhood,education etc, the biggest though was marrying my jw wife, five years of total torment in which I hit rock bottom, it was toxic,abusive (violent and mental) half a decade of pure torture, there was a closely kept family secret that she was very close to leaving me standing "at the alter" god I wished she had,it was over 20 years ago and I've just got over it although the scars still remain.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    SB-" My biggest regret was staying pure with my Claudia Cardinale look-alike girlfriend.."

Not sure if I want to say 'you blithering idiot' or 'you lucky bastard'.

Claudia Cardinale... stunning.

• Enlightenment123
    Enlightenment123

Nah. You can try to put a positive spin on just about anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_ucv9ElhEw

• raven
    raven

Getting baptized..

• Chook
    Chook

Putting money in box

• Unprodigal Daughter
    Unprodigal Daughter

I try not to have regrets. If I had a time machine and changed something it could affect the whole future. And right now I'm happy. I'm free of the cult, my husband and children are free too. My brother and sister are free. I have a wonderful little family who wouldn't exist if I hadn't been a JW. I'm looking to the future instead because that's something I have some control over.

The only thing I keep kicking myself for is how seriously I took it all when I was a JW, how I let the guilt and shame and pressure to do more affect me. It made me physically and mentally ill for a long time. I wish I'd made up time to put on my report like I now know so many do. Instead of counting every minute and beating myself up over it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit