Vegetarians in the "new system?"

by Lynnie 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

So I was looking on Instagram and one of my former JW friends was showing pictures of his BBQ ribs and saying something about well we better eat all the pigs we can now since we won't be eating meat in the new system of things? I don't seem to remember that teaching but does anyone else?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes. And animals will be vegetarians too.

I have also asked this question before and have never gotten a good answer other than "We have to wait until we are in the new system"

For example, animals do not get everlasting life but will die. So who or what "eats" the remains? Animals naturally decomposing in the woods would stink to Hades.

And then just walking through the grass you are killing and wounding all sorts of bugs and other small living things. How does that work?

Just my thoughts.

Rub a Dub

• jws
    jws

I don't know how official that was, but I remember hearing it when I was in (25+ years ago).

The thought was we were returning to the original Garden of Eden plan. And back then, it was vegetarian until after the flood.

Which begs the question of why Abel had flocks. For milk, fur, and lonely nights?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I always figured we'd just be eating meat from animals that died of old age. If it dies of natural causes, why couldn't we eat it? You'd be perfect so you wouldn't get sick. It might be a little tougher being an older animal than we normally eat now, but it'd still be better than a veggie burger by miles.

My plan was to start breeding livestock with heart defects that would cause them to die in their prime. It's funny the nonsense you can think up when you're forced into a belief system of basic assumptions that can't be questioned.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Vegetarians? I hope so. I don't want to kill animals and I don't want them killing each other.

• TD
    TD
    Vegetarians? I hope so. I don't want to kill animals and I don't want them killing each other.

Walt Disney syndrome?

On a more serious note, a cessation of predation is not exactly the same thing as an all vegetarian ecology.

As Rubadub points out above, the decomposition chain is an integral part of every ecosystem on earth and the service performed by scavengers who help dispose of dead bodies (by eating them) has been referred to even in JW publications as, "Jehovah's natural sanitation squad."

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I cannot find the reference on this tablet. I'd need the P C with the library. However, I know that once apron a time, back in the day, the WT printed that it was reasonable to conclude that mankind would revert to an Edenic vegetation diet.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

The idea was perpetuated by a bunch of city boys who has no idea how nature works. Still Totally ADD

• waton
    waton
    Which begs the question of why Abel had flocks. For milk, fur, and lonely nights jws:

which begs the other question, why on earth would god be pleased with Abel getting rid of the useless stinky carrion, as a holy sacrifice, compared to the precious hard won vegetables that Cain offered?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Man this is really going to piss off all the fish in the oceans and lakes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit