Why the meetings are boring and uninspiring

by UnshackleTheChains 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    because of the constant emphasis on pitching Watchtower literature.

That's what the mid-week meeting is made for!!

It is like saying that you find Chemistry class boring because of the constant emphasis on chemicals and compounds.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Im surprised they never introduced a class for kids while the main meeting was going on. It's madness to think that infants and children are sitting there taking it in and understanding whats going on. I think back to my childhood in the KH and remember 2 hours of thinking up stories in my head, or thinking about what im going to do tomorrow. My parents wouldn't even let us draw in the meetings. I remember being about 7yo sitting in the Tuesday book study in a cold KH going through the Revelation book. Did i understand it? Nope! I used to just flick through it and look at the pictures.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Nobody understood the Revelation book. And if you did pick up anything from it, it is now "wrong".

Meetings are not animated, entertaining, and if you get a monotone speaker or one who is wordy it is even worse. For kids and people who work it louses up the sleep.

And it is not 1 1/2 hours, you gotta dress up, travel, be there 20 minutes early for duties (remember no rules). Same for service, waste a whole morning and call on 2 or 3 people, then spill McD on your tie. Rember the comment about doing family worship for 4 hours? Because that is how long it used to take to do a bookstudy.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Watching the GEICO TV commercial,"Game night with a sloth". Friends have a peculiar game night as they try to figure out what a sloth is trying to draw. The sloth only draw a straight line before time runs out, for some reason it reminded me how boring the meeting can be. You Tube. Game night with a slot-GEICO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit