Why the meetings are boring and uninspiring

by UnshackleTheChains 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Each individual may have their own views as to why they feel the meetings are boring and uninspiring.

In my case I find the midweek meeting so, because of the constant emphasis on pitching Watchtower literature. Its just monotonous and one big yawn.

I watch other Christian faiths where they open up a chapter of the bible and discuss it's contents. I find this far more interesting and inspiring.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I always found the meetings were "same shit different day"

and i have not been for 17 years

5 bloody meetings a week WTF

• freddo
    freddo

The major themes of the meetings.

THE MAIN THEME

1. Listen and obey the GB (virtually always described as the F&DS) - listen and obey the elders because we are telling you what the F&DS say you should do. They know what is best for you and guarantee you will be blessed with everlasting life in the name of Jehovah "very soon" - even if the Bible, your experience, older witnesses experience, even their own literature or plain Commonsense tells you differently.

Sub-theme

1. Work for us (originally by selling our crap literature - now by handing over your KH real estate and building us more) and donate money/property to us and keep us in a powerful and very comfortable lifestyle.

2. If you oppose us we will make sure all your loved ones shun you completely and will do our best to break you and use you as an example of what not to be.

All this is done by twisting and manipulating (especially old testament) scriptures to pretend they are just telling you Jehovah's will.

THEY DON'T EVER DELIVER ON THEIR PROMISES AND YOU'LL DIE. WHO THE HELL KNOWS IF YOU WILL LIVE AGAIN? PROBABLY NOT. EVEN IF YOU DO IT WILL NOT BE DEPENDENT UPON THE 7 IDIOTS IN NEW YORK.

And breathe ...

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

To me was the fact that people were acting like parrots, repeating other people's words over and over.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Beautifully put Freddo

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Listen and obey the GB (virtually always described as the F&DS)

I am getting a lot of push-back, from the elders in particular, for referring to those seven guys in New York as the governing body instead of "The Slave". They say it is disrespectful and elevates men making it sound like we follow men. WTF!! What was it those same seven had printed in a WT? "Who really is the 'faithful and discreet slave'?, IT'S US!!! Now shut up, sit down, and do what we order you to do! Especially GIVE US MONEY!"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has been regurgitating theological bullshit for over 100 years what do you expect ?

Too bad the WTS didn't pontificate the Scripture instructions to be aware of false prophets but that would like shooting yourself in the foot.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Mind numbing repetition.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

its because most of those in attendance would rather not be.

• stillin
    stillin

If anybody tried to make his talk more interesting, he would be branded as a showboat. Grandstanding to his own glory. So, the humble, godly thing to do is to be spineless and stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit