Heil Trump. Sieg Heil.

by oppostate 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    My apologies if this has been posted somewhere on this site, but here is a very entertaining John Oliver summation of all things Trump.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=DnpO_RTSNmQ
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

...saying Trump's like Hitler because of Trump's ban all Muslims policy still strikes me as a bit silly.

Trump is comparable to Hitler because of his general character not because of one thing in particular that he may say.

For example, when praising Putin it was brought up that he may have killed journalists who were critical of him. Trump responded by saying, "He’s running his country, and at least he’s a leader, unlike what we have on this country. I think our country does plenty of killing also, Joe, so you know."

Get a hint.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Trump is comparable to Hitler because of his general character - vague nonsense that's stretching credibility.

New Labour disliked journalists asking awkward questions. Any that did were subject to character assassinations, a bit like what happened under the Soviet regime. At press conferences, only 'safe' journalists who wouldn't rock the boat were allowed to ask questions. During New Labour's time in government, The Guardian and the BBC were practically the media arm of government.

Comparing New Labour to the Soviet regime is ridiculous but no more ridiculous than comparing Trump to Hitler.

Instead of calling Trump Hitler mk2, perhaps the political establishment and all trendy political activists should stop ignoring ordinary peoples' fears of terrorism and illegal immigration and start listening and coming up with workable solutions. Just a thought.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

LUHE:

...vague nonsense that's stretching credibility.

LUHE, I gave a specific example of that man's psyche. Watch the video I linked to. It has nothing to do with dodging questions.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@VI

Yes, I just watched the vid that you gave a link for.

Trump said "at least Putin is leading his country". Trump didn't praise Putin for the shooting of Russian journalists, which was no doubt what the interviewer was hoping for.

The thing is, there must be lots of ordinary US citizens, fed up of being taken for granted, who agree with Trump that, while shooting journalists is wrong, at least Putin neither dithers, lies, nor is hamstrung by political correctness. Instead, Putin takes difficult decisions and gets on with it, showing strong leadership.

I admit Trump certainly isn't the answer but if this is the best the political establishment can come up with, comparing Trump to Hitler, then there are serious problems within US politics.

• EndofMysteries
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

LUHE:

Trump didn't praise Putin for the shooting of Russian journalists, which was no doubt what the interviewer was hoping for.

Trump didn't have to praise Putin for shooting journalists; what he did was to brush off the question in a manner that showed that he didn't really care about what Putin may have done. He also dropped the line about how America kills people as if that were to rationalize Putin's actions.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@VI

Clearly you and I watched that vid looking through the lens of our own biases and prejudices.

What I got from it was Trump saying, "well shooting of journalists may be wrong but at least Putin is leading his country".

Trump didn't have to praise Putin for shooting journalists - sorry, how does this work? Is the media regarding Trump guilty until he proves his innocence? Are the other presidential hopefuls treated in this manner?

what he did was to brush off the question in a manner that showed that he didn't really care about what Putin may have done - but Trump is running to be president of the US, not Russia. If Trump doesn't care about Russian journalists, so what?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

LUHE

what he did was to brush off the question in a manner that showed that he didn't really care about what Putin may have done - but Trump is running to be president of the US, not Russia. If Trump doesn't care about Russian journalists, so what?

Huh?

What does it matter whether the journalists are Russian or not? And why does he flippantly respond by saying that Americans also kill people in that very context? The moral issue that I brought up is about his nonchalant tolerance for such things when he said, in direct response to the point of Putin's murderousness, "...at least he's a leader..." and "...our country does a lot of killing...".

Just perform this thought experiment; Imagine if Obama were to say the same thing Trump said then imagine the fury that it would cause and how you would react.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

What does it matter whether the journalists are Russian or not? - because Trump is a US presidential hopeful, therefore he is expected to care about US citizens and journalists, not Russian citizens and journalists.

This ain't rocket science.

The moral issue that I brought up is about his nonchalant tolerance for such things when he said, in direct response to the point of Putin's murderousness - let's face it, what could Trump, Obama or any other presidential hopeful do about Putin bumping off Russian journalists? This 'nonchalant tolerance' you speak of is likely just acceptance of reality. Nobody tells Putin what to do.

If Trump were president, he'd have a finite amount of time and resources. Would focusing on disappeared Russian journalists really be the best use of those resources?

Imagine if Obama were to say the same thing Trump said then imagine the fury that it would cause and how you would react - would it cause fury if POTUS Obama said it? I don't know.

How would I react? - it wouldn't bother me much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit