Heil Trump. Sieg Heil.

by oppostate 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

Ideally I would like to see a party which takes the common sense and humanitarian parts of each party and combines them.

A fiscally conservative yet socially liberal party would win the next 50 years of elections.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Sir82

Exactly!

• done4good
    done4good

sir82 - A fiscally conservative yet socially liberal party would win the next 50 years of elections.

Agreed for the most part. I would only modify that with "fiscally moderate". Ideological fiscal conservatism is why our roads are falling apart, our space program budget has been cut, our schools in non-affluent areas are woefully underfunded, an across the board "sequester" has been put into place, etc. Ideological fiscal conservatism draws no distinction between spending and investment. No smart businessperson would run their business that way.

d4g

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A fiscally conservative yet socially liberal party.

Kind of sounds like Canadian federal politics of late.

I think Trump got his self assuming acting abilities of being a experienced politician with his experiences in his TV show where he was the Governing Boss/President, where he was given the governing power to discern who was best at the task of selling and promoting.

He has indirectly turned this election into a reality TV show..........with good ratings I might add.

• juandefiero
    juandefiero
    sir82 - A fiscally conservative yet socially liberal party would win the next 50 years of elections.

Now that I can get behind. It'd be like the Libertarian party, just without all the isolationism and anarchy.

• done4good
    done4good

For those that disliked my very sensible post above, care to offer a counter argument? After all, this is a discussion board, right?

I think I will be waiting here a while, but I would really love to be proved wrong...

Now that I can get behind. It'd be like the Libertarian party, just without all the isolationism and anarchy.

That was how the Libertarian party was supposed to work, according to its founders. What happened was it was taken over by the same right wing folks that gave us the Tea Party, w/the religiosity and everything else. The reality is a Libertarian utopia does not exist, because it has proven it cannot. What you end up with is feudalism, thus my point about fiscal moderation above.

d4g

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Ideological fiscal conservatism is why our roads are falling apart, our space program budget has been cut, our schools in non-affluent areas are woefully underfunded, an across the board "sequester" has been put into place, etc.

I'm not sure he meant it as in the political-economic philosophy of low spending across the board. Would be better put as a fiscally responsible government instead. There is no need to reduce spending across the board, but there is a need to focus spending where it's needed, instead of the gross mismanagement of public funds we see now.

• done4good
    done4good

I'm not sure he meant it as in the political-economic philosophy of low spending across the board. Would be better put as a fiscally responsible government instead. There is no need to reduce spending across the board, but there is a need to focus spending where it's needed, instead of the gross mismanagement of public funds we see now.

Yes, agreed. There is much waste and fiscal mismanagement, and this needs to be corrected. That said, "the all government spending is bad" dogma of the extreme right is not fiscally responsible either. When infrastructure such as road systems break down in one country, companies begin to look elsewhere to invest and open shop. This hurts long-term tax revenues, job prospects, etc. The negative effect on the economy over time is far worse than not making the necessary investments. The same can be applied to R&D, the education system, etc. Steady investment is required over time, to maintain the health of the economy for the long-term. Austerity measures applied to these areas never works to improve the health of the economy, especially in the long run.

In the corporate world, a 20% reinvestment of profits into R&D, has long been considered the benchmark of maintaining the long-term health of any company that produces a technologically evolving product. When companies place too much importance on short term profitability margins, (usually to appease shareholders), at the expense of this level of reinvestment, the long-term effects on the business are almost always disastrous. This is what happened to the US consumer electronics industry in the late 1960s/early 1970s. Companies such as Scott, Fisher, Marantz, etc. all ended up going bankrupt because of this lack of investment, and were either closed or bought out by foreign companies. This didn't happen overnight, but rather was the product of years of under-investment. The austerity approach we are taking with our public systems will have similar results, if not corrected soon.

d4g

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Donald Trump having a day Dream ... " I'm so dam rich I bought my way into the White House and into being the most powerful man in the entire world "

http://41.media.tumblr.com/ed583a6a43529204e943f043e5d53aa3/tumblr_inline_o1nbr35kE21qz4eqq_1280.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit