My father also molested my DAUGHTER!

by alamb 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• alamb
    alamb

Needing advise. I was on here years ago fighting for custody of my daughters. The court gave us a joint arrangement. I was leaving the cult and my ex stayed in threatening our daughters with Armageddon if they stayed with me. My mother admitted in court my father molested me but since I was over 12, I wasn't a child so he wasn't a CHILD molester.

The Judge threw her and her "pious attitude" off the stand. He issued a restraining order on both my parents. My ex allowed contact behind my back. My 23 year old daughter just told me that my father molested her on one of these visits.

CAN WE SUE HIM? I've approached attorneys who say I cannot sue the cult because the contact could be said to be familial, not through the JW's. LIve in Utah but he molested me in 3 other states.

Is there a way to get around a statute? She was under age 10 and is just recalling the molestation.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't know that you have any case or not. Try talking to the law group that tries to MAKE these into cases instead of one that may or may not be trying such:

http://zalkin.com/what-we-do/sexual-abuse-cases/jehovahs-witness-abuse/

• alamb
    alamb

I talked to Zalkin last week. They say the JW's will say they didn't facilitate the visits, they were at family arranged gatherings. I see their point.

It seems so simple. He is admitted and sentenced. Is there a way around the statute of limitations because she's just remembering.

Thanks though. Just so frustrated.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Sounds like you could sue your father and maybe your ex but I don’t think you would have any reason to sue the cult. Also you would need proof or your wasting your time. Sorry for what your father did!

• freddo
    freddo

I'm not in the USA, I'm in the UK.

Putting the financial point to one side just for the moment (and only for the moment) is there a fresh CRIMINAL case to be brought? If only to protect others from the twisted bastard.

Sorry for all you and your daughters have gone through.

From what I've read - ZALKIN know their stuff; might they know if a monetary case can be brought against your father or your ex? Do they have any assets.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

alamb I have no information to help you I just wanted to say how sorry I feel for your plight you are going through. Being a victim myself I just can't imagine the anger you having about what happen to your daughter. I hope you will be able to legally take your father to task on this problem. Good luck to you and take care of yourself. Still Totally ADD

• John Davis
    John Davis

For a civil matter. You wouldn't be able to sue anyone since your daughter is of age. Your daughter is the only one that can file a civil matter.

In the state of Utah it was changed in 2016. 78B-2-308 is the law that would cover this matter for civil matters.

Section 3 covers both the perpetrator and anyone who may have contributed to the abuse directly.

subsection a. sets for no time limit to file a civil suit against the perpetrator.

subsection b. sets a time limit of 4 years against someone who directly aided in the abuse. The time starts to run when the victim turns 18 or when the person first recognizes that the abuse has caused harm.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Was the restraining order to protect you or to protect your children? Since your father is on record re the restraining order, to be a pedophile, there is the possibility you could bring a law suite against him and your ex depending on state law. Sexual Abuse and endangering a child. You really need a legal opinion.

Best wishes for an acceptable outcome.

Edited to Add: Good info by John Davis

• John Davis
    John Davis

Also, Zalkin is correct if the abuse doesn't occur on Watchtower property or during a watchtower event the likelihood of winning against Watchtower is very slim to none.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

The WT is not your issue. Your dad, your ex and your mom are monstrous and your daughter should she them until they are penniless and they probably should all be prosecuted criminally. Please put the blame where it belongs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit