RIP dad, who introduced me to this fairytail of everlastin life and paradise :(

by Frezia 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Frezia
    Frezia

Less than 5 hours ago my great dad fell asleep the last time :( Still in a bit of a shock and sad that I will not see him again...I promised myself that once he is here no more, I will somehow make my move out of this organisation who kept us all captive believing in a fantasy of an everlasting life :( I am in a tricky situation, since raised as JW, still in, married to an active JW, and pretty sure that all in my social and family circle will turn their backs on me if I finally say goodbye to a fairytail ;(

• Chook
    Chook

Our thoughts are with you in this darkest hour. All freedoms come at a price.

• HappyOutsideTheBox
    HappyOutsideTheBox

I'm so sorry for you loss. Now that your dad is gone you will have the strength to break free - just don't rush immediately out of the door. Give yourself time to grieve with your loved ones. You are correct in assuming they may turn their backs on you - in JW land that is what they are taught to do. Condolences for now and good luck with your escape when the time is right!

• naazira
    naazira

Sorry for your loss. :(

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I'm sorry for your loss.

I wish you the best of luck and courage making your way out of the religion. Plan carefully and keep your mouth shut. That's what I did before I started my "fade".

• Heaven
    Heaven

(((( Frezia )))) I am sorry to read of your loss. You may want to take things slowly regarding the religion, at least until you can get somewhat passed grieving over the death of your Dad.

Do you have any specific plans that you have thought of regarding leaving? Fading might be the best option for now sighting grief over the loss of your Dad as the reason. I hope you can escape with your family intact. Be good, be kind to yourself and those you love.

• Frezia
    Frezia

I am not sure yet how to fade...have not been in the ministry for a few months, as I can't bear it... and are very irregular at meetings....hopefully will now dodge the visit of 'concerned' elders for a while, due to beravment...ideally would like to get at least the hubby out with me :(

• Frezia
    Frezia

thank you all for your kind words :'(

• Schnufti
    Schnufti

I am sorry to read that. How old was he?

Do not be afraid. For there are more who are with you than those who are with them.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

sorry for your loss Frezia, many of us have been there, lost my father an elder in 2005, died in good standing to them, same my mum in 2015, had all the promises of never going to high school the work place etc, the creators promises to be fulfilled by the end of the 20th century etc, pathetic isnt it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit