Fb pages

by Drwho 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Drwho
    Drwho

Hi @all

Im not a JW and never was but had a bad encounter with one , ie my GF was one

Anyway , I was wondering if FB pages are actually allowed , I thought the WT frowned upon them ?

Here is one I discus in regularly , maybe take a look and leave a comment on the tripe they write , it looks very well done and presented ,https://www.facebook.com/Honor.Jehovah/

Thanks

SImon

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

10 years ago, it was verboten. They had assembly parts, convention parts, etc... warning about the evils of social networking sites like Facebook. Now, well...the flip flop has begun, Even though I still hear ones that are still in being cautious of it, many are ignoring it and doing what they want. Even some of their pubs have recently talked about 'internet witnessing' if I am not mistaken.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Looked at that FB page and am I glad I am out now! What mindless drivel, how many of its readers could explain the Babylon book or any scriptural topic? Religion of simple mindless obedience, no basis FOR that faith, no teaching of anything not just basic. And still they attend, mind boggling!

• Saename
    Saename
    Lostandfound - How many of its readers could explain the Babylon book or any scriptural topic?

Well, this is how Watchtower manages Jehovah's Witnesses. Usually, JWs would study one scriptural topic, such as the 1914 prophecy, on one day, and then they would leave this prophecy alone until they'd forget how it worked and are reminded during, for instance, a debate that they no longer remember the prophecy. So, then, they'd reach for Watchtower publications again—and so the cycle continues. Of course, not even once would they look at the outside sources...

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Anyone know why they are inserting a little e every time they spell out JeW.org on the pictures? As we all know, that is NOT the branding message.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"I thought the WT frowned upon them "

That is the reason to have one.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    jwdaughter: Anyone know why they are inserting a little e every time they spell out JeW.org on the pictures? As we all know, that is NOT the branding message

Could be to avoid copyright issues

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Maybe the FB authors attempt to proclaim the "spiritual" Jew.

Just a thought

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Just spent a while reading some of these, amazing how spirituality lacking yet plenty of, "wonderful, best ever, truly inspiring" drivel about current RCs with no backing of the truths learned or emphasised. Terrified of Apostates, why? We don't bite, some take affirmative action and it seems that counter productive as it gives them grounds to label us all as bullying loud mouthed and uncultured people, have they never read Slimboyfats beautiful essays? Some apostates are quite cultured as he shows. What is an Apostate, to them it seems anyone they view as dangerous and infected with some deadly virus which we try to pass on. For me I have no time in trying to release these self captives or seeking to harm them. What I would like to see is the money grabbing GB exposed, not for any vindictive grounds, but to let the members choose or continue to choose to be deceived. The almost teenage comments of thes FB pages would have resulted in firm DF action years ago, now it seems the old guard of middle aged, intelligent backbone of the org in the 60s and 70s is replaced by nattering half wits who have no intellectual capacity, merely self congratulation for themselves and there compatriots. Thank goodness I am out of it as if I was still in I could see some serious conflicts with this me me me generation, overlapping or otherwise. Trash is what it is basically and shows the gutter level "the truth" has sunk to so that it can hold on to so many. What next is for the witnesses, trash TV, big brother style, or X Factor?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Drwho and Doctor Who are talking to each other in the same thread. Must be a time travel paradox.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit