I don't get it - Marriage in WT world

by menrov 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• menrov
    menrov

For those who do not understand what I do not get......there is no law (at least as far as I know) that obliges people to get married. Marriage registration is for fiscal purposes, to avoid bigamy and to protect children. But the bible nowhere obliges you to get married and have it registered with the authorities. Therefore, in order to be considered married in WT, they (WT) require a formal registration. This is not a scriptural policy but a WT policy. In the scriptures, when a man and a woman slept together, they were considered "married" (belonging to each other).

Moses gave a note of "divorce" in order to allow the woman to belong to another man. in those days, a woman would only leave the parents in order to belong to a man. They would not live on their own and if they did, they were likely considered prostitutes.

If the WT would be consistent in their doctrines to apply old hebrew laws and practices, they should accept a couple (man / woman) that live together as belonging to each other. But as usual, the WT creates its own universe with a mix of WT laws that are either based on certain scriptures, governmental law or on their own ideas. Cherry picking at its best.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Watchtower cannot ,according to biblical terms ( Caesars things to caesar) demand that a 'marriage 'between two people as in a couple living in a wedded ( joining together) arrangement must adhere to contemporary governmental law, as there is no compulsive edict from the governmental authorities that disallows the living together as a couple in a wedded arrangement. Watchtower view of this is entirely their own judgement,unless of course you happen to believe that instruction from jehovah to Jesus to those deluded idiots in New York make it so.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

The most honorable way to start a family is still getting legally married. Of course if you believe the State is in the hands of the Devil, it doesn't make any sense to do it.

And they say Feminism is destroying families, not alegal practices like prostitution, concubinate, poligamy or marrying for fiscal purposes.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The Supreme Court says marriage is a constitutional right. Thus there is no need for a license or permit. If preaching is a right and we don't need a permit, then same with marriage.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder
    The Supreme Court says marriage is a constitutional right. Thus there is no need for a license or permit. If preaching is a right and we don't need a permit, then same with marriage.

I think is very romantic to be married in the eyes of God and also in the eyes of Satan, like Jehovah's Witnesses do without giving much thought to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit