JW.ORG delivering food to JWs in California

by NikL 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Are you all sure "WT is stealing from the USDA?" I know where I live, they have started food pantries and are making sure anything perishable gets divided out to those who need it before it goes bad. I am inactive and had a phone call that if I needed any food to contact any local elder. And if I had any canned food or water I could take it to this elder's house so they could distribute it in a crisis.

• just fine
    just fine

It’s not “stealing from the USDA”. Any 503c entity can apply to be a distributor. Why lie about where the food is coming from (in this instance)?

I actually think it’s the first time I have ever heard of WT providing some sort of relief for their members so I guess that’s a positive. It’s an attempt to make themselves look good to their members and I bet will be used to garner donations in the future.

Doctor Who - I’m not sure about your situation, but I’ve seen the box given to my family member.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I'm in central California and yes the wt is delivering food, mainly product, to many congregations. Everyone, the jw's, think that the supplies are being provided by the wt and none of the elders have said anything to the contrary!

just saying!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I think the press should be alerted.

• just fine
    just fine

They are well within their rights to possess and distribute the boxes - there’s no illegality or other smoking gun here to go to the media with. While what they are doing may not be exactly what was intended it wouldn’t rise to fraud.

It’s more just misleading their members than anything nefarious.

• under the radar
    under the radar

As always, there is a catch. JW families are pressed to accept the boxes even if they don't need them. Then they are told that if they are able to reduce their family's food bill, they should consider contributing that amount to the World Wide Work. Nice, huh? Receive free, give "free," shame recipient for back door payment. Yeah, that sounds about right.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

https://www.ams.usda.gov/selling-food-to-usda/farmers-to-families-food-box

Here is the link to the program.

The story here is that Jehovah's Witness put in print through their Watchtower publications that donating to charity shows a lack of faith in God to provide. In fact, for any Jehovah's Witness that donates to any charity is seen as taking a stand against God's kingdom being the sole solution to mankind's problems. Then, the Watchtower applies for a government grant that supplies food to charities that feed the poor. In turn, the food acquired from the government grant is distributed only to members of their religion whether they need it or not.

This program is intended to assist families struggling due to COVID-19. Any food distributed to religious organizations is done so with the understanding that the religious organization apply regularly runs a charity that feeds the poor.

• LV101
    LV101

If it's legitimately from the WT that's different and I'm sure the gov't is giving away to religions/churches - sounds like everyone.

Obviously you know USDA (503c rules) and I don't care who they provide food to. No one should be starving w/all the AG in this country. Has to be handouts costing the cult nothing for them to share. All paid for by the taxpayer - nothing is free but it appears that way to many.

Good ole worldly people providing for the cult like always but they sneer at helping/contributing/reciprocating Satan's world. Good to know their poor adherents are being fed. The cult is a leech.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Our circuit thing fell apart. I hear there is a lot of rice and beans left. The little produce was old and sometimes moldy.

The city is running a distribution, no qualifications, just show up

The dishonest part is claiming it is a special provision from Jeh (GB). The catholics, baptists, lutherans, jews, muslims, Hindus, Mormons, all do it, abd usually better ou organized

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

UNDER THE RADAR:

Yeah, I love it. They get food and suplies from wherever..in all likelihood paying nothing - then distribute them to their members - THEN tell the members to contribute the difference from their regular food bill.

It’s a win win.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit