JW.ORG delivering food to JWs in California

by NikL 21 Replies latest jw friends

• NikL
    NikL

So a couple of weeks ago my wife (who is an active JW) got a delivery of apples, oranges, potatoes, carrots and onions.

The story I heard was that the "Branch bought a bunch of food that would go to waste and was delivering it".

I am in California and a friend of mine in another cong. 50 or so miles away had the same thing happen.

A few days ago we got another delivery and as a matter of fact my wife was asked if she could "help Jehovah with delivering his gifts".

Unfortunately she is in poor health and unable to so so.

Anyway, the story seems fabricated to me and I am wondering what is really going on.

Does anybody have any ideas? Is this going on in other parts of the country?

• Biahi
    Biahi

This was on reddit, the federal government has a program to get food from farmers direct to people, some of which would have gone to schools, etc, which are closed now. Witnesses picked up on it, and are obtaining it, and delivering it only to JWs, telling them it’s a gift from “Jehovah “.

• just fine
    just fine

Biahi - you are correct it is the USDA program “Farmers to Families” it’s meant to be for food banks and religious organizations that support them - but as we all know that’s not how the JWs work.

Members of my family that are well off also got a box delivered to them from the “circuit” on the east coast. Not saying it’s not a good program but the JWs are giving the boxes to only their members regardless of need.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NIK L:

This would be fine if this generosity was paid for by the Witness religion. Well was it?

Did the JW religion spend a dime on any of this food gathering??.. I heard it was gathered from food banks!

• Magnum
    Magnum

I highly doubt that the branch or any part of the org bought anything. Money flows one way in JW land.

• NikL
    NikL

"It is the USDA program “Farmers to Families” it’s meant to be for food banks and religious organizations that support them".

That's exactly what I thought.

Explains why they were told not to talk about it on social media.

They are even taking credit for it making the R&F think that the organization is paying for the food.

My family is doing just fine financially and so is my friend that got his deliveries.

So many people are having a rough go of it and JW.ORG is taking what SHOULD be going to food banks.

Shameful.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

WT is rationalizing using food intended for food banks: Those worldly people are about to die anyway at harmeggedon so what is a few meals going to hurt them?

• LV101
    LV101

What crooks - WT is stealing and I hope the USDA and food banks find out.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Here in California I have gotten 2 small boxes of produce so far from the Brothers. I have no idea where the Brothers got it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

So its not about what you know its all about who you know and cronyism ?

And being parasites on the Govts they claim to be led by the God of this system of things Satan the devil.

Seems to me that Satans system of things does more good for humankind than Gods organization ever did.

And how does that fit in with Rom.13 ? the Superior Authorities of this system of things is by the arrangement of God ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit