If YOU Were In Charge of the COVID Virus Situation How Would You Handle Things At This Point?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

Catch-22

If the vaccine cooked out now or recommendations change - tons of people will say Trump/GOO are lying and disbelieve

If vaccine or recommendations come out after election or inauguration - tons of people will say Democrats/MSM are lying and disbelieve.

• minimus
    minimus

We heard it yesterday. Many people will not take a Covid shot if Trump has anything to do with it. If Dr. Fauci says it’s OK that’s different, LOL. These people said we need to eradicate with a vaccine this terrible plague now. The government scrambles to do as best as they can and these people will still complain saying it’s not good enough. There’s no pleasing them

• TheListener
    TheListener

Too simplistic an answer minimus. Unfortunately Trump's personality has turned off a lot of people and now they don't trust him. It's just a way of life these days. Should a tweet cause you to lose faith in our government? Probably not, but everyone gets to make their own choices. Freedom baby!!

• minimus
    minimus

Yet once again I will tell you that if a surgeon is operating on you and he’s a bit bombastic or full of himself, I don’t really care as long as he does good by me. I could have a beer with Obama but I think he was a horrible President. I’m worried less about personality and more on issues.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Yes, good for you but each one of our hundreds of millions of citizens all make a decision and they don't all agree

• Simon
    Simon

The job is President of the United States. Not Mr Rogers.

Personality is secondary to whether they get the job done.

I bet Churchill was a right PITA to deal with. Greatest leader the UK ever had and THE right man at the right time.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I totally agree Simon

• minimus
    minimus

Listener, so what’s your point??

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    minimus - "...How would you handle things at this point?"

Like this, of course:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6zSmtxzwjM

• TheListener
    TheListener

Minimus, I'm saying that in my opinion herd immunity isn't possible because not everyone (or maybe a better term is not enough people) will move about and get the virus to generate herd immunity. And that because of our freedoms we cannot make them.

And that we shouldn't fault individuals who don't trust the government to handle the covid vaccine. In fact, I would figure that most conservatives would be among the first to be suspicious of a government backed vaccine. Either way, the same freedoms that some fight for to not wear a mask is the same freedoms others have to not take the vaccine and to hunker down and prevent herd immunity.

I think it's the double edged sword of freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit