Anti vaccines

by blisterfeet 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Orphancrow I beg to difer with your view.
    Let's say I'm "researching" where's the best place to live in the Earth for me.
    Ok we all for the most part have access to the same info be it internet,public libraries etc.
    After doing my research I come to the conclusion that USA is the best place in the world for me to live based on my criteria. The specific climate,geography,environment,local rules and regulations (laws) and people of that area suit what I was looking for.
    Now other people can look at the same info I did and arrive at a different conclusion.
    They may say for them that Australia is the best place or New Zealand etc.
    Does it mean that I'm right and they're wrong or vice versa or that either of us didn't research the respective places ahead of time before making a decision? Not at all.

As far as my personal observations yes I give them for as the old saying goes the "proof is in the pudding" I observe what goes on around me and what the results are.
    In my own case with my family they're three of us me,my wife and son ranging in age from 30 to 52. None of us currently take vaccines/immunizations or haven't in my last 40 years of life.(I did receive my first few to get in grade school long time back but there were a lot less required back then than now)
    Out of the 3 of us none are currently on any presciption med's of any type.No anti-depressants,no anti-anxiety no blood pressure etc. I am aware that this can/could change at any time but for the most part we have been very healthy and that is without taking a single vaccine of any type. So why should I/We change?
    And once again I reiterate if any of you have taken your vaccine/immunizations and are relatively healthy and have not experienced any adverse effects and are happy with your decision then by all means continue to do so if that's your desire.
    At the end of the day that is what it's all about is your health and what you're comfortable with and what seems to work for you.
    I choose a different path and so far very happy with it and the results.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I used to drink and drive all the time (I'm a recovering alcoholic). I never got a ticket for it, or got in an accident. Should I conclude that my experience makes it OK? Or was I just f***ing lucky? Which one of us (Sober Jeff T or drunk Jeff T) do you want to share the road with?

My father was a well-known cancer researcher (look up E. Donnall Thomas). He considered statistical analysis to be the only reliable way to track medical results. The Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, where he worked keeps track of every patient from the moment they start treatment until the day they die. It is the only reliable way to measure the results of their work.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Stonewall: They may say for them that Australia is the best place or New Zealand etc.
    Does it mean that I'm right and they're wrong or vice versa or that either of us didn't research the respective places ahead of time before making a decision? Not at all.

You are right. Not at all.

On your way to trying to defend your comparison of apples and oranges, you have successfully demonstrated what bias is.

And, with this statement:

At the end of the day that is what it's all about is your health and what you're comfortable with and what seems to work for you.

You successfully demonstrate that your position is purely one of self centered "specialness". And that you have no understanding of herd immunity.

My health depends on others who can get vaccinated. I can't get most vaccinations.

• cofty
    cofty

Washington Governor Declares State Of Emergency Over Measles Outbreak...

How the case against the MMR vaccine was fixed...

How the vaccine crisis was meant to make money...

• TD
    TD

I'm curious what the anti-vaccination crowd does when one of them suffers a puncture wound from a metallic object? Or is bitten by an animal where rabies outbreaks still happen? Or travels outside the developed world where diseases like Typhus, Yellow Fever, Meningococcal disease, Japanese Encephalitis, Hepatitus A & B, etc. are not unheard of?

Do they role the dice? Do they live in their basements and never go out, or work with their hands? Or do they invoke a definition of convenience when it comes to vaccines?

• blisterfeet
  • blisterfeet
  • ThinkerBelle
    ThinkerBelle
    my research I did over the years when I compared vaxxers to anti-vaxxers the anti-vaxxers were for the most part more healthy and were requiring less doctors visits for illnesses/diseases than their counterparts.

Um, Stonewall, I've had every vaccine as have my children and we are rarely ever sick and I don't have a doctor either because well, I've been healthy; no ADD or Autism or SIDS by anyone in my family or close friends for that matter either (all vaccinated). By contrast, there are people at the KH that are antivax and into homeopathy and they are constantly sick. So based on your standards of research, anti-vaxxing isn't a good thing.

As Orphan Crow said, you misrepresent your personal experience for actual scientifically, peer reviewed research (I'm guessing you don't hold a doctorate)...which is a mistake. Having had my 4 month old cousin contract whooping cough, I wouldn't wish that on anybody and why anyone would want to take the risk of their child experiencing any of those diseases is beyond me.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

"ThinkerBelle:

Stonewall: my research I did over the years when I compared vaxxers to anti-vaxxers the anti-vaxxers were for the most part more healthy and were requiring less doctors visits for illnesses/diseases than their counterparts.

Um, Stonewall, I've had every vaccine as have my children and we are rarely ever sick and I don't have a doctor either because well, I've been healthy"

ThinkerBelle, you and your children are seeing the benefits that vaccines can offer that go beyond protection from just the disease being vaccinated against.

For example, the measles vaccine doesn't just protect against measles but it is also responsible for lowering the acquisition of, and death rates from, other infections.

Getting measles damages the immune system, resulting in greater susceptibility to other infections.

For scientific evidence of this, as opposed to the kind of myth making "research" that is heavily biased (Stonewall), this article explains it quite well:

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-benefits-of-the-measles-vaccine-go-beyond-just-protecting-against-measles/

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Putting everyone at risk is ridiculous.

Why would anyone who chooses to NOT be vaccinated put those who choose TO BE vaccinated at risk? If you have the vaccine you should not be affected by their decision.

I support vaccines, but I feel stronger about government imposed health decisions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit