Anti vaccines

by blisterfeet 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• Simon
    Simon

No, many vaccines rely on "herd protection". Once enough people become susceptible to a disease or virus the protection for all can become compromised (but the unvaccinated are usually at much greater risk).

As I said earlier, there are those who cannot be vaccinated for legitimate medical reasons and who may have a weakened immune system putting themselves at much greater risk. Those who refuse vaccination for pure quackery and selfish reasons put those at greater risk than they should be.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

No, many vaccines rely on "herd protection". Once enough people become susceptible to a disease or virus the protection for all can become compromised (but the unvaccinated are usually at much greater risk).

As I said earlier, there are those who cannot be vaccinated for legitimate medical reasons and who may have a weakened immune system putting themselves at much greater risk. Those who refuse vaccination for pure quackery and selfish reasons put those at greater risk than they should be.

This is literally the only reason I've spent more than half a minute being mad about the idiocy of anti-vaxxers. If it only harmed their kids, I'd hail it as a triumph of darwinism and a valuable push away from a future resembling the movie idiocracy. The collateral damage - the immunocompromised and those with real allergies to the vaccines that are now more likely to get sick and die - is absolutely unconscionable in civilized society. If you want to be in public spaces you should be required to be vaccinated unless you have a real medical reason not to be.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Old Navy

Old Navyan hour ago
    OldNavy: Once vaccinated and "protected" there should be nothing to worry about. Why would it matter at all if some choose not to be vaccinated?
    If vaccinations truly are effective those who've received them should be immune

It's not quite that simple, OldNavy.

Firstly, some vaccinations require regular updating. Secondly, vaccinations aren't just about yourself.

Example: whooping cough. At one time it was believed that either acquiring whooping cough or being vaccinated was lifetime immunity. It isn't.

Whooping cough has made resurgence recently (at least, it has where I live) and there are concerted efforts to re-vaccinate and update everyone regardless of age or prior exposure. The ordinary tetanus shot that you get after a cut or wound is now bundled with the whooping cough vaccine.

I sucked it up and got the vaccine (after a bad cut and needing a tetanus update), even though I had whooping cough as a newborn and have always thought I had immunity. I guess not. And I spent a few days in bed and in pain. It was worth it. Better than giving whooping cough to a baby and watching it gasp for breath and die.

*To add ... Babies can't get vaccinated for whooping cough before they are six months of age. We vaccinate ourselves to protect those babies

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

As Old Navy stated above if vaccinations truly work then those who have been vaccinated should have nothing to worry about it should be the ones who haven't been vaccinated that are at risk.
    I haven't had any vaccines since I got out of grade school (which were required at the time) and am now over 50 years of age. My son is fixing to turn 30 and he never had a single vaccine of any type.. You know how often we get sick or go to the doctor? I don't even have a family doctor because we haven't had to use one in decades.
    I do believe in doctors and modern medicine but not in the big Pharma industry that try and make you think you won't live without their injections. Research the ingredients they are adding to the immunizations and you may understand why so many kids that get their shots are coming down with Autism or ADD and various other conditions that we never even knew of or heard of when I was a child.
    I can tell you in my area there are many anti-vaxers and you know what? Not a single case of Autism or ADD/ADHD in any of them.
    Also something I've not heard happen to any of the anti-vaxers is SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome).
    But I know of a few Vaxxers that not tool long after their baby received it's first scheduled vaccinations within hours or a few days a otherwise healthy baby died for no apparent reason. Could be coincidence but I find it hard to believe in every case.
    Even doctors will tell you if your baby receives breast milk from it's mother it will be protected against most diseases.
    If you're not willing to breast feed or give your baby breast milk you're asking for trouble in my opinion.
    Both my wife and I were/are none smokers and anti-vaxxers and made sure we kept a good regiment up for exercise and nutrition so that our child had the best chance of being born healthy.
    But regardless if you're pro or anti vaxxer, do your research and be happy with the decision you arrive at because in the end it's you that have to live with your decision.
    I can only speak from my experience, I've not even had a flu shot in decades and have only had a bout with the flu once in last 10 years. Many that get flu shot around here get the flu and then say something like well the shot only protects against one strain of the flu and they got a different strain.
    The best advice I can give anyone is to exercise regularly, eat very nutritious and healthy,get your vitamins and minerals to help your bodys immune system to be the fighting machine it can be.
    In the end we're all going to die of something whether we are pro or anti vaxxer.
    I just want to live as long and healthy as possible so I made the decision to not vaccinate after my research. If you do your research and arrive at a different conclusion that is your call to make.
    Good health to you!

• cofty
    cofty
    research the ingredients they are adding to the immunizations and you may understand why so many kids that get their shots are coming down with Autism

This is the most fraudulent and scientifically disproven bullshit in the history of science.

Access to the internet is a mixed blessing for some.

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

Stonewall maybe you didn’t a chance to read all the comments on this thread. The dr who claimed autism was related to vaccinations lost his liscense. I have had 2 infant deaths in my family due to this practice. One was sids. So both of your points require research.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

blisterfeet as I pointed out on my research I did over the years when I compared vaxxers to anti-vaxxers the anti-vaxxers were for the most part more healthy and were requiring less doctors visits for illnesses/diseases than their counterparts. If your experience was different then that's what you have to go on but not me.
    I've got a sister who is turning 60 this year and still has every body part (appendix,tonsils,gall bladder etc. included) She is a Vegan and anti-vaxxer.
    My other sister who is 62 is pro-vaxxer and is constantly going to the doctors and having to take presciption meds for various ailments.
    As I stated before I can only go on my experience with what I've seen in my life and in my area in research and also look to see which group of people seem to be coping better. I know what I've seen and experienced and what my choice is.

• cofty
    cofty
    The plural of anecdote is not data.
  • jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

The plural of anecdote is not data.

Top of the class cofty.

That's the problem in jwdom. Their publications are full of it and the Muppets nod ad infinitum .

That is why they fall for these anecdotal references of no substance.

Sadly when some leave the jws they still cling to the ideology of anecdotes

Another two bobs worth.

jtg

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Stonewall: I can only speak from my experience...
    ...do your research
    and...
    my research I did over the years when I compared vaxxers to anti-vaxxers

Stonewall, you seem to have a distorted view of what research actually is.

Research is not personal experience. Personal observations are just that - personal. And with that comes heavy bias - personal bias. You have not done research. You have done biased observation. And from that springs all sorts of erroneous ideas and thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit