Things JWs Say VS What A Normal Person Would Say...

by JW_Rogue 24 Replies latest social humour

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

When someone says "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays"...

A normal person: Responds in kind

A JW: Says "Thank you" or launches into a speech about Christmas' pagan roots

When a couple is celebrating their wedding anniversary...

A normal person: Congratulates the couple, wishes them happiness in the future or perhaps comments on what a great couple they make.

A JW: Congratulates the couple, remembering to mention that their happiness is blessing from Jehovah and what a great example their marriage is to the congregation.

When a friend gets a promotion at work...

A normal person: Congrats, that's great news!

A JW: Are you sure you'll be able to make your meetings still?

When someone passes away...

A normal person: Doesn't say much, just listens to the person.

A JW: Launches into a speech about the resurrection

• talesin
    talesin

When you tell them fantastic news, like "I just got my doctorate!":, they say "oh, that's nice". A normal person would say " oh my, what an accomplishment!".  Educational accomplishments mean nothing to them.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

When the idea of the future is brought up...

A normal person: Would express many different thoughts on what life might be like in the future based on current trends, technology etc.

A JW: We will definitely be in the Paradise by then this system is just getting so bad. That's why we need to stay faithful.

• talesin
    talesin

Rogue - yes! Even though I had shed the cult persona, I had a hard time planning for the future. Inside, for many years, I could not see a future. Great point. xx tal

• pixel
    pixel

When you said that you just got your family life insurance..

A normal person: Good! That's very responsible of you.

A JW: Why are you wasting your money? You should trust in big J.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

If you say you want to go back to school for your career...

A normal person: That's good, sometimes you need more training if you want to advance

A JW: Do you think that's really a good idea in the times we're living in?

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    yes! Even though I had shed the cult persona, I had a hard time planning for the future. Inside, for many years, I could not see a future. Great point.

That one is one of my wife's favorites, she always talking about how she "hates this system" and how she can't wait for it to end. I understand her somewhat but then I think "What other system has there ever been?" Even if you believe the bible God's system didn't even last one lifetime before it failed.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Planning for retirement:

a normal person: "Hope I will have enough to retire comfortably and be able to still have some fun here and there!"

dub: "Retire? Yea right!! The new world will definitely be here by then. Every penny I get now I spend!"

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    dub: "Retire? Yea right!! The new world will definitely be here by then. Every penny I get now I spend!"

A JW: I'll be able to retire if I move to a small apt. in a really bad neighborhood and never have any extra money for anything enjoyable. Then I can pioneer!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    When someone says "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays"...
    A JW: Says "Thank you" or launches into a speech about Christmas' pagan roots

If only that was it- "Thank you." I find they often need to declare the latter or some such thing. When asked if they enjoyed their "holiday," they need to say how they enjoyed "time off from work."

When a friend gets a promotion at work...
    A JW: Are you sure you'll be able to make your meetings still?

....or reminds the person how Satan is pulling at them.

When someone passes away...
    A JW: Launches into a speech about the resurrection

....and further declares how YOU must stay faithful to Jehovah if you ever want to see that person again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit