Just a really messed up situation

by My Name is of No Consequence 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

A quick summary of my situation: I have known TTATT since at least 2010. My wife and teenage son are still in. (He is my step-son. I only mention that because it is relevant in this situation. You can see some of my previous posts for additional details.) Things have not been going well at home. My wife and I have not slept in the same room for at least 6 months. We can’t have a conversation without getting into an argument, so typically we don’t talk.

My son is unbaptized, but is working toward baptism. However, he has “worldly” associates and a possible girlfriend. I told him that I want to talk to him in private when his mother is not around. I just want to see where he is with everything. His mother will not let me talk to him in private for fear that I will turn him to apostasy (yeah, I know). Yet she will sit in her car with him and talk to him so I can’t hear their conversation.

I just want to tell my son that you can’t work towards baptism and have friends who are not in the org. It seems that no one else is telling him this. Since I am a step-father, I have no parental rights and she uses that to her advantage. The elders know this, but they don’t seem to care. Let me be perfectly clear: I don’t want him to get baptized at all. But my fear is that he will get baptized and then get reproved or worse because of his friends. They’re not bad kids at all, but they’re “unbelievers”.

It is just a really messed up situation. My wife is not allowing me to talk to my son. I have no legal standing and very few people to talk to about it.

Any suggestions?

• dbq407
    dbq407

Wait til your wife goes to sleep some night then go talk to him maybe? There has to be some opportunity to talk to him alone i would think.

• DJS
    DJS

Is keeping a relationship with your stepson worth putting up with the WWOTE?

If not, start making plans Stan.,

You don't have a relationship with him now, so I don't see how it matters.

The bigger question is why are you letting her treat you like this? Why would you let anyone treat you like this?

Every time I raise an objection or disagree with how she goes about raising him, it is usually disregarded. She is raising him as if he doesn’t have a father. She has threatened to record me the next time I get upset and put me on YouTube. You can’t make this stuff up.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

If you are the chump paying for all of this then you have some power. Is she working?

You better believe that I am paying for everything. She has a good job. She says that there is more to being a father and husband. I agree, but I don't get any credit. If I would become "spiritual" again, most of this goes away. That's not gonna happen.

• DJS
    DJS

Let's see. You have no marriage. You have no relationship with your stepson. You pay for everything.

She threatens and bullies you and it works.

Do I really need to continue? Call a lawyer today, one specializing in divorce.

I have a relationship with my son. That is one of the few good things that has come out of this marriage. I love him; he is my only child, stepchild or otherwise. It could be so much more if she was just reasonable.

• DJS
    DJS

I understand. You're a good man. He is of age it would seem, so keeping a relationship with him would seem a given even if you divorce.

If so, are there any other barriers keeping you from handing the WWOTE her broomstick?

It is my understanding that when he goes off to college, everything is on the table.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit