Anything i should know about the upcoming convention?

by CitizenofEarth 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• CitizenofEarth
    CitizenofEarth

Hello there.

As above. Anything i should be aware of? I am not sure i will go, since i just moved away from home a month ago. It is not cheap to travel 250km and pay for hotel here in Denmark, and i am not exactly rich. I would like to hear what views you have on this - perhaps some pros and cons and so on. I have not been going to the meetings for some time now, probably around 6 months (18 years old atm.).

Greetings

Me

• flipper
    flipper

" Anything I should know about the upcoming convention ? "

Yeah, don't go. Save your mind. Save your free thinking ability

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Its not worth traveling so long and spending time and money, just to hear some middle east myths and Superstitions.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Can someone direct @CitizenofEarth to the "Wow, I do not recognize this religion anymore" thread? I'm not sure how to navigate this site properly yet.

Basically, @CitizenofEarth, the entire thing is a total circus. That's all.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

The link below has links to...

the FULL VIDEO of the ENTIRE convention, apart from prayers

the convention PROGRAMME listings

the talk OUTLINES

the NEW RELEASES

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6491973013733376/rc-2017-videos-full-english-convention-all-17-hours

Can someone direct @CitizenofEarth to the "Wow, I do not recognize this religion anymore" thread? I'm not sure how to navigate this site properly yet.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5739841494974464/wow-do-reconize-this-religion-anymore

• NikL
    NikL

I've seen the convention posted online in various places. in English anyway, you can watch it from the comfort of your own home if so inclined. Crack a beer and enjoy...the beer anyway :-)

I only went for one day and it was incredibly boring. NOTHING enlightening at all.

If it's spiritual food you want, I suggest grabbing a bible...(anything but NWT) and start reading the new testament. It's amazing how the REAL good news of the gospel can leap out at you and slap you in the face. In a good way of course :-)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

THE END is very, Very, VERY NEAR!

(Please drop something in the contribution box on your way out.)

• fulano
    fulano

Save your money and get laid a.s.a.p.

• sir82
    sir82

Anything i should be aware of?

Convention summary:

Armageddon s coming SOON! Forget about the last 140 years, we really mean it this time!

Obey us! Obey us! OBEY US!

Do more, you miserable worms!

And that's about it.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

And that's about it.

Wot, no Asian drama?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit