Lets hear what your local needs was about this week

by dbq407 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• dbq407
    dbq407

Ours started out with Matt. 25:23. He brought out that "good and faithful slave" was talking about the anointed but wait for it.........yes the principle can be applied to our cong. How you may ask? Well tonight it was about getting all the territories worked once a year. And our cong. hasn't done that.

Why is it important? Well as he stated 6 billion people will soon take their last breath, so we need to be going out whenever we can. He then used an illustration about fisherman fishing at night cause thats when the fish bite. Sure it's inconvenient for them but gotta fish when they are biting.

So we need to preach by phone, letter writing Monday nights, go out during the week, saturday mornings and afternoon, sunday afternoon blah blah blah. Never once commended the cong. but ended the talk with don't we want to be called "good and faithful slave"?

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Did he actually say 6 billion people will soon take their last breath? LOL

Oh ours was about Saturday meeting. Too bad we are leaving anyways. 

• dbq407
    dbq407

Did he actually say 6 billion people will soon take their last breath? LOL

Yes he was quoting a watchtower from a few years ago. But you know, witnesses aren't judging lol. He corrected it though and said that number is closer to 8 billion now.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    Glad I wasn't there dbq. I would have surely busted out laughing. 😂😂
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Funny. . . .

So I haven't stepped foot in a hall in about a year and a half or so now, but I still get reports from my wife who still attends (drives her elderly mother -- very nice of her).

Anyway, tonight she comes home and says, "We had Local Needs tonight. What do you think it was about?"

So I put on my old Elder Hat, did a quick mental review of all my wife's observations over the past six months and said "Comments at meetings."

My wife said, "You're good!"

That's exactly what it was about. Some of the publishers have been using commenting as their own personal soapbox regarding what they feel are injustices in the congregation. Honestly, this congregation isn't half bad --- these people giving the comments are literally nuts.

But that's what you get when you're a cult.

• talesin
    talesin
    don't we want to be called "good and faithful slave"?

No, we want to be called "free".

The whole concept is flawed, and they accept it. I just . don't. get it - and never did. Phew, thank the IPU!

• hoser
    hoser
    I dunno. Our meeting is on right now. I'm still at work racking up the overtime and mrs hoser is taking some classes at the college
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

He corrected it though and said that number is closer to 8 billion now.

Two billion extra children for the Bronze Age desert god to slaughter. God is love!

Well tonight it was about getting all the territories worked once a year. And our cong. hasn't done that.

There are territories in Muslim countries that have never been worked, ever. Time to pack up the litteratrash trolleys and head for the Middle East!

• Lieu
    Lieu

So we need to preach by phone, letter writing Monday nights, go out during the week, saturday mornings and afternoon, sunday afternoon blah blah blah. Never once commended the cong. but ended the talk with don't we want to be called "good and faithful slave"?

Lol!!!!!! Someone should tell that fellow, no one can earn their way to salvation. With man, WTBTS, or the GB its not possible. Also, returning to places where it's evident no one is interested in being bothered with you is dumb. Vomit returners.

And fisherman don't go out at night. Early morning yes, but night, no.

• Lieu
    Lieu
    Muslims know of Christ. They believe he was the great prophet sent to the Jews (to whom the Jews didn't listen).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit