Lets hear what your local needs was about this week

by dbq407 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Irish Dame
    Irish Dame

Thank you dbq407 for this post. I listened on phone line just to hear local needs. It was the most negative talk I have ever heard. Essentially, it sounded like a sales meeting by a very disappointed, shaming sales manager reaming out his unproductive sales force. It was about low publisher hours over the last few months. He started with Heb 6: 11,12. He reminded cong that just a few months ago CO had LOVINGLY asked them to think about this scripture where it said we don't want you to become SLUGGISH regarding ministry. He went on to define sluggish. Then said, "Now, nobody wants to be thought of as a SLUG right?"     Hours were WAY down in March from when CO spoke a few months prior. He spewed out monthly hour averages, trend isn't up; it's down-if we were looking at it on a graph, and congregation has lowest hours in circuit. The FAITHFUL SLAVE asked us to set a goal to talk to every person in our territory during the month of March. What we accomplished during our memorial campaign was about the poorest we've done for completing the territories, getting the people around. His positive points were: after CO visit some fs groups had better support and there were large number of auxiliary pioneers, but those numbers don't count in cong average hours. He then spoke about things that could be distracting from ministry. Next scripture, Luke 21:28 & 3428 ...."deliverance getting near.” 34 ...."ANXIETIES of life, and suddenly that day be instantly upon you".  Of course he didn't read verse 32, "generation will by no means pass away"...Next, he cherry picked a scripture that doesn't even apply to, as he said,  "Jehovah deserves our best as described at Luke 13: 24"---"EXERT yourselves vigorously.... narrow door...."??     We STRUGGLE to be out in the ministry. So friends, you can do it, we can all do it together. We can EXERT ourselves in the field ministry. 

It's no wonder there is so much depression, sadness and anxiety amongst "the happiest, most loving people on earth"

The COBE. who has lead the congregation into the ground by being aloof and unloving, didn't give the talk. He assigned to one of his minions, a young elder.                      It was a shaming meeting. Not delivered to inspire.

• Lieu
    Lieu

The meaning of "encouragement" seems to have disappeared. Sad.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

The hall I attend currently has the lowest publisher hours in the circuit as well. It's been like that for years. Our last CO pretty much put us in a state of depression. He was a boring CO, his wife was trying too hard to be "hip" and it was a recipe for disaster. We used to be one of the highest in the circuit until that goon came along.

Now everyone at the hall could really care less about serve us. I see pioneers going to Costco and buying wine and crackers when they are supposed to be banging on doors. Funny as this pioneer and Elder usually is the one complaining the most about low hours.

• DNCall
    DNCall
    When I was in the cult, every other local needs part was on improving meeting attendance. It happened so frequently that after awhile, most of our meetings were about going to meetings. Not to mention the fact that the target audience of such a discussion was not in attendance.
  • a watcher
    a watcher
    Our COBE played the recent resurrection video again because there's so much sickness in our elderly congregation. Very unsettling.
  • dbq407
    dbq407
    Thanks for all the comments, its nice hearing what is going on in other cong. Hopefully there will be more posts later after some have their CLAM meeting tonight.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Ours was a "sit down and shut up" ball break.

Last week a long standing elder (40+ years) was deleted for saying a few words at the funeral of friend (a UBM who attended the hall reasonably regularly) which subsequently had a pastor say some words. No other witnesses at the funeral were offended but when a another elder overheard a conversation about it he jumped on it and teamed up with his cronies to stab this brother in the back and get him chucked off for "interfaith".

There was no mercy shown, no understanding or reasonableness. Bizarrely the body were told to vote on it yet also told it was a black and white issue. The elder was told if he disagreed with the BoE decision and sought an appeal then he would be supporting interfaith and would face a JC and would be disfellowshipped if not repentant.

So last week this was announced. This week, the elder who kicked this all off gave the local needs and presented the account as a "scenario" then launched into a tirade about anyone disagreeing with the BoE would be guilty of causing divisions.

So the local needs was used to bully everyone to ensure no one complains or murmurs against the callous behaviour of the ringleaders.

Makes you sick.

• dugout
    dugout

Mines was about, can you believe this??? Coming your hair. yes I said it. Combing your freaking hair. Then he added tight fitting dresses. Im like who are you talking about? Now im looking around the hall to see who hasn't

combed their hair. That talk was a waste of time and insulted my intelligence. JUst stupid. SO after the talk (didn't wait for the meeting to be over) I asked this bro who aint combing their hair he Just laughed. What the hell? Not to mention that this Elder is about 150lbs overweight. total waste of time. By the way Im baldheaded. PEACE

• baker
    baker
    advertise, advertise,advertise...why not use technology to be more efficient ? Run adds on FB, during the nightly horror news stories, or buy pop up adds whenever someone googles "bible" . This way "friends" can go out in service in front of their computer screen... Currently they use Dial up internet, when they could be using Fiber Optic speeds.
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    It was about me! LOL It was about how we can have a full share in the ministry and different avenues of FS that we can do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit