New, but needed to vent- thank you :-)

by Danni Jackson 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Danni Jackson, hey sweetie. I'm a single mother too and have faced the ugly, cold, indifference of the elders and the organization as a whole. It's a source of great anxiety when you begin to wake up and realize what a tangled web we've gotten ourselves into. Backing out of the Watchtower is no easy feat, and often the repercussions on our network of friends AND family are devastating. It takes someone with true integrity, an inner sense of justice and above all, HUMANITY, to actually entertain the thought that all is not right with the organization. I can see you have these qualities. These are the traits Jesus demonstrated for humankind. The Watchtower is a far cry from the essence of true Christianity, but I think you've already figured that out now. Chin up. We're in this together.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi Danni Jackson,

I read your post...welcome..you are in the right place...this is where you can vent and not get in trouble...don't tell too much of where and who and not too many situations, there are lurkers here and some may be in your own backyard....

All I'm going to say is....Love God...many have made the mistake of loving the org. more than God/Jesus themselves, so when something happens, we blame God...it's the messengers we should be angry with. How many times have you read....Do not judge or you will be judged...no one in the org. has a right to pass judgment on any one...aren't they the ones that brought up if you point a finger how many are pointing back at you?

All religions think they are right....that's why you read the bible for yourself....the only thing places of worship gives you are the pieces to the spiritual puzzle YOU have to put it together for yourself...Most single parents get hooked by the love or conditional love in the org. being that single parents feel they are alone in raising their children...and yes Mr & Mrs. Loving will do it for a while, then when a new person of interest comes in...they will drop you like a hot potato...there is a scripture in the bible where it talks about these religious folks coming into widows homes and making feel worse and more guilty....I forget the passage....

The longer you stay the more you will see and hear do as I say not as I do....many are in there because it provides a social life and at the same time they feel that they are working for Jehovah....someone on here said because they attend meetings, go out in service and whatever else they do...basically being seen, it makes them seem more spiritual....just like in the workplace....you don't have to actually do anything just be seen. Remember this is an org. with characteristics of a working place with the same tiers as a job has....everyone wants the ear of the CEO (GB's)...

I am a witness too...not that long myself...I have been there long enough to read the bible with them at least twice...I think I got the jist of the bible....now I can talk to people of any denomination and know for myself what the bible really says, not what the org. says it says...see that's the revelation right there...the truth will lead you to the truth...if you are open to it..that's what happened to me...God allowed me to see the truth, not thru the org. eyes but for myself....so I've been awake for a long time...

When I talk to the friends, I don't try to change them just plant a seed of love...many feel that they are going thru so much, but I let them know...don't you think your neighbors are going thru the same things we are, we pay rent, so do they, they pay bills, so do we...just because we are witnesses doesn't mean we are the only ones in life going thru anything..

What about the hurricanes and earthquakes, everyone that lives in those places are effected not just witnesses...how can they be so narrow minded....that's the problem...they are narrow...

I could go on but ...won't...

Don't be mad at God/Jesus....they didn't do nothing to you...direct your anger or whatever where it belongs...MAN....

TOR

• never a jw
    never a jw

Hi Danni,

Welcome back! Just don't be harsh on yourself. Your children have a great parent, smart and caring. Mistakes, especially those made when we are most vulnerable, are forgivable. You joined the JW's because you thought they were a good place for you children. You acted out of love and concern for them.

My wife also married a non-believer and was marked for it. Before the wedding she got a talk especially intended for her; I know it because I was there. She was called a STAIN. Nice! I was the one who stained her. But stupid me, I failed to see the obvious until I joined this forum five years ago (18 years after our wedding). I was blinded by the love bombing, well behaving, well intended rank and file, but remained ignorant of the leadership, thinking that the humble brothers and sisters were a mirror image of it.

Even though I have been an atheist my whole adult life, I was nonetheless fooled by the neat veil of the JW's. So much that I bought into their BS and accepted the possibility, even with pride, that my two children would become two shining Bethelites.

The benefit from joining this forum is that I saw through the Watchtower BS and was able to rescue my youngest. I don't lose hope that one day my wife and daughter will give the finger to the Watchtower. If it ever happens, the process will be painful; all their friends and family are in. But knowing what I know from people like you, I will make my best effort to fill with love the void left by a deceiving cult.

• Chook
    Chook

Hi Danni , you have arrived back at a genuine source of encouragement, but regardless of what’s said it’s very hard to apply something to yourself which the cult considered a sin ( for example friendship outside the cult ) . Deep down you know what has to be done to self help but application is certainly a tricky procedure . May you find inner peace and we can only encourage you to amputate the diseased cult from your life. Run Danni run snakes can only strike at close distance . Cheers Chook

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit