How Long Did It Take To Finally Leave The Organization Once You Realized It Was Really Not The Truth?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Such a shame.

• Butterfly607
    Butterfly607

It's been a slow process over years. I think I was mentally DONE 10 years ago. But family ties and not wanting to cause chaos held me in. I dropped field service 5-6 years ago. Now trying to fade.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Started to be more critical about what was being taught after 1975, by early 1980’s I was out completely, never looked back ever since.

The subjective lies and corruption put out by the WTS made me come to the conclusion that god’s holy spirit was not guiding this organization but sinful apostate men were . 😡

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Approx 3 weeks

• minimus
    minimus

It is amazing how some people once they know it’s not the truth bolt out of it. And then others because of probably other considerations must take their time to get out

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Like most everyone I held doubts for many years but once the spell finally broke, I simply couldn't sit and pretend. I was at a meeting and doing the sound console. I asked someone else to take over and had to leave the room or burst.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I've always believed that the Organization, WT, has the truth and it still does. But unfortunately,the Truth focuses on the organization.

To add to that: Baptism is supposed to be a lifelong thing. There are 150 questions a pair of elders go over with the candidate. Marriage is supposed to be a lifelong things. The elders do nothing to help the couple before the vows are said. No mandatory study or talking too. They only do things that focus on the organization.

• OpenEyedInUtah
    OpenEyedInUtah

A distinct lack of love ("you will know my people because, etc") was my initial home-hitting issue in my 30's. After the "love" in several different congregations in Southern California, Arizona and finally Utah, I could not believe this was the "truth". Lots of research since then.

This is my 1st post here, though I have been lurking off and on for at least 15 years. I am a born in 3rd gen. I somehow avoided baptism. As a teenager I just did not want to commit. I was hit, but mostly miss during my 20's and early 30's. Took a serious stab in my middle 30's; going in service, studying, even broaching baptism with an interview. Then the love thing smacked my in the face, and overnight I stopped any involvement, cold turkey. The distinct lack of love was my initial true waking issue. HALLELUJAH for that!

I'll post more of my history at another time

• RolRod
    RolRod

I studied in 1982, got baptized at the 1983 District Convention. Because of my love of reading, I had amassed a huge library given to me by the older friends and going to Bethel where you could actually buy books. It didn't take long for me to figure out that these were nice people who didn't know any better. The elders were uneducated individuals with a power trip. By 1985 I had figured it all out about the Society, but I stayed because it gave me something to do and gave me a sense of belonging. But I NEVER gave into it all. There was a time when I actually believed these were sincere people believing they were doing God's will. After all when you look at the scriptures you find plenty of individuals who served God and were the worst of sinners, so why not them?

But by 1985 I figured it all out, and by 1988 I was mentally and emotionally detached from it all. In 1990 I got married and by 1992 my wife and I were gone. Wrote my letter of resignation stepping down, threw the book study group out of our home and we walked away. They tried to track us down and finally gave up. The congregation is defunct, Kingdom Hall sold.

After 25 years and two kids, my wife divorced me and took it all, I relocated to the Midwest and things are great!

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

There was a three month period where I had attended my last meeting, to the time I was forced to send in my DA letter. Or at least felt like I had to send one in. I did not know of any support groups, so I didn't have any other input from other former witnesses on what I should have done or not done. But to narrow it down even further, at the time of my research I came across information about the Watchtower and I was literally seeing red. I was so pissed off that I threw away everything and anything that the Watchtower had ever printed up. My husband asked me what was wrong and if I was angry at him. When I told him I was not angry at him but rather those lying dogs, he was just relieved that I was not mad at him. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit