Underlying Resentment Among the Members

by xjwsrock 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

If JWs stopped passing judgements on one another, what would there be to talk about?

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

The witnesses are just wrong. Apparently, having the "truth" does not make them the happiest people on earth. That's just a lie that they have to tell themselves.

And that's what it really is all about. The witnesses live in a state of constant self-deception. They are able to maintain it because their minds are in a fog. (We need to be doing more... blah blah blah)

Jesus talks about love? Witnesses can only distort his words.

It's amazing to think that they can describe anyone as 'mentally diseased'. They need to look in the mirror and stop lying to themselves.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Yeah what has always bugged me was this. If you are so happy in all of your righteous, God-loving, save-the-world, spiritual martyrdom, then why do you care so much about what I'm doing (or not doing)?

Shouldn't you be eat up with zeal? Isn't it your food to do the will of God like Jesus? Shouldn't a person as spiritual as you say you are, be overwhelmed with love and concern instead of ridicule and contempt?

I guess I am just confused......(sarcasm) 😒

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Hummm, good question. In a merit based religion, there is always someone who excuses their own behaviour, but condemns others. There is always a good reson to look down on someone else.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

The saying...."misery loves company"comes to mind. We refuse to participate anymore. Freedom is liberating!

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

I'm happy for you ToesUp. I can just taste that freedom. Must be amazing.

I do enjoy the mental freedom. It actually surprises me now to hear someone speak as if God himself is watching over the congregation. I'm like - you mean all those sick people and crazy people and self-righteous people? You mean that brother that just got in a wreck? You mean that family over there struggling financially?

Yeah great job looking over us.

The dysfunctional belief system has to cause inner frustration and anger. Add that to the resentment, no wonder there is back biting.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

XJWSROCK:

I always felt that many Witnesses are envious of those with money and/or education, skills, talent, etc. Some Witnesses (who pursued poverty) feel that somebody owes them something. They would simultaneously criticize somebody for having a good job and then imagine that person should give them something. I saw this mentality back in the day and am glad I'm out because I'd have no tolerance for this garbage now.

SPIRAL:

I know what you mean about older ones in the religion who already made their money and earned pensions, etc. who criticized younger sisters for earning a living and not "pioneering". I hated the ignorance of these older people...And to add insult to injury, these selfish older bastards also imagined these same younger working women were going to do favors for them and every other user in that worthless religion!!!

None of these people ever got the time of day from me!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Hang in there xjwsrock. One day your freedom will come. People can only take so much. I often think of those who are stuck due to family. Our situation is unique due to family being out of state. We are getting closer and closer to revealing to our family that this cult is a crock of sh@?.

• zeb
    zeb

Spiral. may be they have.....

I have stated this before that the jw as a group are the unhealthiest of people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit