Underlying Resentment Among the Members

by xjwsrock 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Most of us here have seen and experienced the judgmental attitude among JW's.

The pioneers look down on the publishers. The appointed men look down on the non-appointed men. The mid-week service go-ers look down on the weekenders. etc. etc. etc.

How much of this is driven by underlying resentment?

How many pioneers actually hate pioneering and resent the other publishers because they don't feel the same obligation to do it?

Same for elders. Same for MS's. Same for CO's. etc...?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I think there is a good amount of that going on.

I agree with all you say.

• sir82
    sir82

Agreed.

I think it is more envy than resentment though.

I think of it as " If I'VE got to suffer through this horrible crap, you should have to as well."

If an elder, pioneer, etc. sees someone doing less than he/she does and is "getting away with it", it leads to lots of passive-aggressive behavior.

Most are too lily-livered to actually do anything or say anything directly, but boy, look out for the gossip!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I agree...

We noticed some uber dub (pioneers, need greaters and bethelites) family members making snide remarks to other members of the family (JW's) that are working full time and have families. Especially to the ones who have received a higher education and have some possessions that they have worked hard for (homes, cars, etc.). The uber ones seem to have some resentment towards the ones who chose a different path. Are they jealous? I don't know if anyone else has noticed this as well.

Young men who come out of Bethel and serve as Elders in the local congregation seem to be pissed at the other Elders in the congregation that have gone to college, purchased homes, cars, etc. They seem like resentful little brats.

• Spiral
    Spiral

Yep, I have seen this a lot lately, but here it's resentment at always being told to do more, more, more, by older retired brothers (with incomes) who themselves sit and drink coffee all day at the local coffee shop. The next two generations don't have much financially and are really struggling. I also notice the elders don't want to appoint any of the younger brothers who are "reaching out", they are really toying with them but won't appoint them. They are getting really frustrated. Funny to watch BUT the congregation is shrinking so fast if they don't appoint some to "positions" soon they won't have anything left in a few years.

• freddo
    freddo

@Spiral

I see some of this too. Here in the UK they are raising and equalising the age at which you can get your state pension.

Up until about 5 years ago men got their pension at 65 and women at 60. This is being raised to 65 for each over the next few years - at present women women are going through the process and their pension age is about 63.

Those men and women retiring in the later part of 2020 will be 66 and those in the late 2020's will be 67. Those in their 30's and 40's now will be 69 or 70!

So there are a lot of crusty elders in their 70's who with their similar aged wives aged 66 or more who have been getting full pension for 5 or 6 years more than those in their 50's will be.

This group were also the ones that tended to have jobs with private pensions and who could afford to buy houses on average incomes. That's all changed for the next two generations down!

Methinks resentment will be rife!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Underlying Resentment Among the Members

There is a WatchTower Hierarchy ..

Watchtower gives certain JWs..

Their own Little Pile of Shit to Rule,within the Watchtower Kingdom..

That Definitely Breeds Animosity..

WATCHTOWER/JW

Image result for king shit logo

Image result for Businessman with crown

• Spiral
    Spiral

@freddo

Yep, and the older elders with pensions/savings seem to be absolutely clueless about how things changed for the next two generations. They sit at the top and just push their weight around. Also can't figure out why the younger wives/sisters are working (at the low paying kind of jobs you get with no education) instead of pioneering, and keep being vocal about it. Seriously, absolutely clueless. Once they get bounced from power at 80 (which is soon) there won't be much left here locally.

A lot of the older generation here (and not just the JWs, this is all of the US) do not seem to have any real idea how different the working world is for 50-somethings and younger. That alone is causing friction all around.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Overheard a pioneering cleaner elder from my former cong. and another pioneer sister at the assembly hall chatting about how so many in the suburban congregations have 'houses' !!!!!!! There were some tisk tisk sounds thrown in. In all fairness the elder is super nice guy, just so brainwashed and deceived by the cult. His wife is beyond suicidal and he refused a college trust fund to pursue 'kingdom interests' Last I heard he is still at it in his sixties doing cleaning jobs living on next to nothing and with no furniture. No wonder his wife went nuts.

• Spiral
    Spiral

@Introvert 2 I know a lot of elders wives who are having emotional problems. We have two here who are housebound (emotionally, not physically). They hardly ever leave the house much less pioneer. When will these people see reality?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit