Singing todays WT

by road to nowhere 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Brian J
    Brian J

First time in my married life where 3 paragraphs into the WT, my wife leans over and says..."Babe, singing..really...this is retarded. Can we go?" Later she said, "whats next....how to read?" I let her know that reading was already covered at my recent elders school so Im good in that department, but yes, equally retarded.

Can we go? Hell yeah we can go! She nods to the kids, everyone grabs their coats, I-pads, and Altoid tins and we leave. Went to Wendy's, did some shipping, headed home happy.

Got no less than 8 text messages between us asking if we were OK. 1 from the WT conductor while he was still on the platform conducting. WTF?

Wife is coming around slowly but surely. Whoo-Hoo!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

..and they call us 'mentally diseased™'

It's official. the leaders of the WBT$ are totally bonkers and hateful to women. DISGUSTING!

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

Can someone please explain what this is all about? I don't have access to the Watchtower article in question.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Fred F - Study Edition November 2017 WT

Make a Joyful Sound!
    17 To help everyone to sing from the heart, some lyrics have been revised to improve clarity of thought and to remove words that are no longer in common use. For example, the word “shall” is not widely used today, so it has been replaced. Similarly, the title “Long-Suffering” has been changed to “Exercise Patience,” and the lyrics have been adjusted accordingly. The change of the title “Guard Your Heart” to “We Guard Our Hearts” was most considerate. Why? In the audience at our meetings, assemblies, and conventions are many new ones, interested ones, young ones, and sisters who by singing the words would be put in the awkward position of telling others what to do. So the title and the lyrics were modified.
  • snugglebunny
  • snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

For example, the word “shall” is not widely used today, so it has been replaced.

Really? I shall try to remember that. Doh.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow Brian j! That is awesome!

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

What a bunch of weirdos they are. They decide that it's finally time to drop some archaic terminology, and the best they can do is shall? That word isn't even out of common useage, I hear people say shall all the time. What utter morons they are. Why don't they drop some of their myriad genuine outmoded words and phrases; marriage mate for instance, no one else on earth uses that creepy term, and it just makes them sound like freaks when they say it.

As for the part about sisters telling people what to do, my brain weeps for these backwards people, they truly do belong in the bronze age. They ought to just go all the way and make sisters sit in the back room during meetings when they're on their periods.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Wife is coming around slowly but surely. Whoo-Hoo!"

Great news Brian J. Keep us posted!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Snuggs - For example, the word “shall” is not widely used today, so it has been replaced.

I know I saw that and did a double take.

Are they really getting more weird and insane each time they print something? What language does this poor excuse for a raddled, pee stained human speak?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit