Sunday WT Study- King of North and South

by truthlover123 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Paragraph 8 dealing with who is the Anglo-American power -- they note different images- feet of clay, 7 headed beast which has a 8th head arise, and so on.

The last image is of the "false prophet- indicating this is another aspect of the Anglo American image quoting Revelation 19:20 and saying the wild beast and the false prophet are one in the same -(I see the as separate entities) -- A/A dual world power. which will be destroyed...

This has to be a new thought- wasn't the false prophet previously known as Babylon the Great? I find this very distressing.. I mentioned this quandry to some and was told" you arent questioning the GB are you?"

Just thoughful answers please. Did anyone else see this?

• oppostate
    oppostate

Babylon the Great was never the False Prophet,

BtG was the World of False Religion in WT speak

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

The w53 p. 583 and the w55 p. 638 both identify the "false prophet" with the "two-horned lamb" of Rev 13. Rev 19:20 is the verse that ties the two-horned lamb to the false prophet. So this viewpoint goes back almost 70 years for the WT.

I got those two references off of the online WT library, by the way.

Babylon the Great is also referred to as "the great harlot" (Rev 17:1) and as "the great city" (Rev 17:18; 18:10, 16, 18, 19, 21)

There is also another "great city" that resembles Jerusalem (Rev 11:8; 16:19)

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The rank and file are really ramping-up the rhetoric about 'this is it'. This is the beginning of the 'end'. With the virus and political climate with the 'black lives matter' movement and everything.

Such was the case back 9-11, 2001. The rank and file were always in a frenzy about 'this is it'. I always said, but there is this one little catch though. A big catch. ''The fall of Babylon the Great''.

This fall of 'Babylon the Great', is what gets in the way of their end-times theology.

• wolverines
    wolverines

A cult trying to interpret the LSD inspired Revelation and what is the out come? A walk down a John Carpenter insane asylum. Does it really matter what some little horn meant of someones dream who was obviously drugged heavily 2000 years ago? We escaped and are free of this madness. Let the idiots drown in trying to follow every word of these bafoons.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

It is getting into a frenzy so much so that my spouse was told to make a Go bag with various supplies such as will keep you going for a week or so like a hurricane preparedness back pack. I know this time next year, I will get it out and ask if we can start using these supplies as they were for the previous overlapping generation.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''It is getting into a frenzy so much so that my spouse was told to make a Go bag with various supplies such as will keep you going for a week or so like a hurricane preparedness back pack. I know this time next year, I will get it out and ask if we can start using these supplies as they were for the previous overlapping generation.''

With all the Borg doom and gloom end of the world, it's no surprise the Borg is ramping-up it's end of the world narrative. Maybe in a year, or two, or when the whole pandemic or political uprising blows over, I wonder how the Borg will spin it. Since we are living in the ''last of the last days of the final part of the last days, should some ''pack your bag scenario and flee somewhere'' take place, that kind of scenario could ONLY take place one time. When nothing happens, there would be rogue fall-out, people would leave the Borg in droves.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Beth, I've been wondering the same thing. When the dramatic news of the day is old what is their new paradigm? The old "This is what we have been waiting for" is over for the 300th time.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"When the dramatic news of the day is old what is their new paradigm?"

Good observation. Ummm. I dont' know what they'll be ''piggybacking'' on next to suit their 'doomsday' narrative.

You had WW1, the Spanish Flu, WW2, Cold War Era, 1975, 9-11 2001, H1N1, now this Covid19 thing. Goatlike had a video recently when we come out on the other side of this Covid19, that it would have been 2 pandemics in the 'Last Days' and the ''end'' has not come yet. What else will the Borg exploit to suit their 'end of days' narrative.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

@ truthlover123,

Hi, actually the wildbeast that is said to receive the power for 42 months has yet not fulfilled that prophecy. But it is soon coming. There is a serious effort to set up a new global government as a response to the Covid-19 problem. That will be the wild beast.

And Henry Kissinger says USA should play a mayor role within this global new government.

So the two horned beast is USA. But I don't belive the two horns to mean a dual Anglo-American power. The two horns I believe represent the Democratic and the Republican parties of USA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit