How to Fade - The Basics!

by The Searcher 30 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My fade was completely different in that I kind of scared them with my discussions of doubts. But I don't recommend it. Go by the general rules The Searcher laid out here.

If you are pestered by elders, miss many meetings and say that you need money, need a ride, need groceries, need someone to cook for you when you are depressed or in the pains of arthritis. They hate actually helping people in need of any kind of monetary or physical assistance.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Onthewayout = Yup money talks and bull shit walks. Lol

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I'm never going to understand this 'fading' talk.....I was a well known elder.....they haven't bothered me a bit.

All I did was look them in the eye and DARE them to come after me......

People.....get back your power....these guys are NOBODY...... they are scared out of their minds to someone that stands up to them........ there are so many things you can do besides fade......and they will leave you alone.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Good stuff!! I will definitely use these.

• Landy
    Landy

Even easier to agree with everything they say and promise you'll try harder to get the meetings etc. Then just stop going.

But it's definitely a case of loose lips sink ships. Any hint of apostasy and they'll be on you like flies on shit.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes!

Fantstic thread!

I put those steps into practice over a year ago, and it has worked well.

Remember to not get aggressive or defensive. Just politely remind them of "appropriate boundaries" but doing so with a mild manner.

And do not engage for a long time, or risk being drawn into something you wish you hadn't.

Less, is More!

• KateWild
    KateWild

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I had to respond to this.

They just want to be able to tick a box that they tried when the CO asks them why so and so is now inactive.- K99

This wasn't so in my case, it works if you pretty much keep your family in the background and are just seat fillers in the cong, if you're an elder or an MS, or even a female pioneer, with multiple students attending meetings, participate multiple times during the meeting, then quit the ministry cold turkey, and stop participating the CO will most likely try to find out why you have stopped recruiting converts and why your potential recruits have stopped attending meetings all of a sudden. He will be very suspicious, it might even wake him up, many COs are apostates.

Newly baptised converts donate a lot of money as they think they are costing WT a lot of money, and when they hear the bullshit accounts at meetings and assemblies, they feel compelled to donate because WT is "telling the truth" the newly baptised converts feel they have "The Truth" and the belong to "The Truth"

The majority of CO's will follow procedure for the cash cow, they rely on donations too, and other gifts. It's not worth drawing attention to yourself and cold turkey just to see if you can wake up a CO, most of them are selfish arseholes, living in great lovely free houses.

K99, if you ever do decide to come visit, I will take you to the CO's house on Sat evening, they don't have any meetings on a Sat night during a visit, but if it's a sociable cong, he might go out with friends he has made.

• Simon
    Simon
    many COs are apostates.

What is the basis for this claim? If anything, the higher up the organization you go, I would say the less likely someone is to be 'apostate' as they are more invested in position at that point and have already been privy to more of the inner workings that would show it is 100% uninspired and man-made so have already proven their propensity for putting the org first.

• blondie
    blondie

I have known COs to leave the circuit work because of health reasons, theirs, spouse, and/or parents, usually right after the last straw in dealing with some recalcitrant congregation or elders and then getting punished by the ones above. Some after just one go round as a CO and having been an elder for 20 years...found out what it was like to be the CO day after day and being pressured from 2 sides.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    What is the basis for this claim? - Simon

Yeah good point lol, didn't think of that, the basis of the claim is the very credible cong gossip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit