It Seems Some People Don't Listen

by Wasanelder Once 15 Replies latest social current

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

My dad's phone rings. Its a secretary from his dermatologists office.

Her:. "Just calling for "Mr. Wasa Sr." to remind him his appointment is next Wednesday at 2pm."

Me: "Sorry to tell you but he died last Monday."

Her: "Would he like to reschedule?"

Me: "No, I think he's going to be dead into next month too."

Her: "Oh, sorry. Thank you"

Some people don't listen. Do you find this in the service industry in your locale? Any other stories to share? I had to laugh, poor girl. I know JW's don't listen to householders. Ever been with a witness on a call or at a door and they didn't even respond to the householders' words or concerns?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sorry, wassa, what was that? I'm sorry I wasn't listening. I've got to a rather crucial part on candy Crush......

• oppostate
    oppostate

Oops! Awkward moment indeed.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

People should listen more carefully. To be fair, death is a rather startling thing to hear and sometimes people block out things they don't want to hear.

• flipper
    flipper

WASA - That must have been a really weird feeling for you trying to explain to this lady that your dad was dead and couldn't make his appointment ; and a bit annoying as well. I mean hell, you're already in pain and this lady either just doesn't pay attention to what you are saying or like Slimboy says can't handle talking about death so pretends she doesn't hear you. Sometimes I wonder why some people on this planet cannot be real just for one minute in their life or show empathy. So many people are tuned out and tone deaf to the needs of other people. Hang in there guy , Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Programming will do that for you.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

My wife often accuses me of not listening, but I just ignore it!

just saying!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Some people don't listen. Do you find this in the service industry in your locale? Any other stories to share? I had to laugh, poor girl. I know JW's don't listen to householders. Ever been with a witness on a call or at a door and they didn't even respond to the householders' words or concerns?

In the healthcare system? Forget it, they can't care less.

• compound complex
    compound complex

double post

• compound complex
    compound complex

double post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit