It Seems Some People Don't Listen

by Wasanelder Once 15 Replies latest social current

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Third time lucky CoCo

• Unstuck
    Unstuck

Oh dear Wasa - that's terrible!

I'm in the healthcare industry (and scratchme - I do care! but I've come across a few colleagues that are just dragons so I know what you mean). I'd be having stern words with that secretary if she was one of mine!

Not so much a not listening story but a funny terminology story, that's kinda a bit related......

ME: How can I help you?

CALLER: I need to make an appointment. I've had an autopsy.

ME: (hiding the snort) Oh! I think you mean biopsy?

CALLER: Yes, that's right, an autopsy.

I just made the appointment and didn't bother correctly the old dear. She really thought the right word was autopsy!!

Still makes me laugh....hope it gives you a giggle too.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Haha unstuck! That reminds me of a written report that said someone was in a comma.

I guess in a way that patient was pausing for a while though....😉

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, smiddy!

Don't know why both were deleted. Try again . . .

In the film The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, a caller started chatting up Judi Dench about a service in her deceased husband's name. Ms. Dench said her husband was dead. The agent kept talking about the service, totally oblivious to the poor widow's lament.

Later, as the story unfolded, Ms. Dench became an adviser on proper phone etiquette in that very company.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Regarding phone or any other sort of good manners, a friend called one day, ever her cheerful, friendly self. As usual, she went into her usual lively tale about her comings and goings. Never a "how're-you-doing?" interchange. Never, then or in any past conversation (always one-way).

I gently interjected, "Mary, when we talk you never ask how I'm doing."

Being a kind and aware soul, she realized her penchant for barging right in, apologized, and we went from there.

Sometimes, people need little reminders that it's a conversation, not a soliloquy.

• StephaneLaliberte

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit