Why should I be Happy?

by Maverick 13 Replies latest social relationships

• Maverick
    Maverick

I had a good day today. I love my job, still some days are just great, and today was one of those days! All day I was in a great mood and working like a bi-polar in a manic state. Then at dinner this evening it hit me. Five years ago today my divorce was final.

At the time it seemed like all I had was failure. 15 years of marriage, my business, my home, my child...it was all turning to poop! My "worldly" family stepped in and fronted me the cash to get the wifey off my neck, keep the house, save the business and hold on to my, then 13 year old, very confused daughter. I paid them back in eighteen months, with interest,( even though they told me not to)! Since then I've dumped that bunch of fakes the J-duds, put my girl through finishing school and sent her to Paris, replaced all the artwork and furnishings the wifey took, bought cars and trucks, spent almost a year traveling halfway round the world, and being a happy guy!

What a difference five years can make! I know I will have tough times to come, but after all the things I've gone through, I know it can be overcome. This place, and all of you have been a great help, as has my family. Thank you all! Maverick

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

a true success story mav, and one the JWs dont wnat to hear about! keep the happiness going indefinitely...pay it forward!

you are an inspiration,

Ravyn

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

:) i'm so glad you're doing well :)

• happyout
    happyout

What?? You mean you didn't slip into a world of darkness and debauchery, punctuated by agonizing mental agony at being out of Jehoover's favor???????

Yippeee for you!!!

Great to hear things are going so well.

Happyout

• NEWWORLDSLACKER
    NEWWORLDSLACKER

Hi maverick , change is rarely easy or simple but the results of taking charge of our own future is well worth the pain. I find myself faced with a similar situation and I hope to fair as well as you have .

May you find peace

NwS

• blondie
    blondie

Good for you, Maverick and thanks to your "worldly" family. When my mother finally decided to leave my abusive father, it was a "worldly" relative that stepped forward with the money for the lawyer and whatever else we needed. All the JW family sat on their hands. Of course, the non-JW relative was going to die forever at Armageddon and they were going to survive into the new world!

Blondie

• Robdar
    Robdar

Maverick, thank you for sharing your story. It comes at a time when I need encouragement and to remember that it may all just work out in the end. Congratulations. The best revenge is to live well.

Robyn

• gambit
    gambit

Maverick --

I second everything Robdar just said... I just got divorced after a 20 year marriage... I still have a 15 yo son, who is staying with me. I know things are tough for him right now, and I find it hard from day to day to find the strength to pick up the pieces and move forward. Your words are encouraging...

gambit

• SillyPutty
    SillyPutty

Maverick, thank you for sharing your story. It comes at a time when I need encouragement and to remember that it may all just work out in the end. Congratulations. The best revenge is to live well.

Robyn Must be true. I was thinking that long before I got to it here. Thanks again for the story. Now I don't feel so depressed. Silly

• freedom96
    freedom96

My hat is off to anyone who makes things happen for themselves. We all go through rough times, that is life. But what you do with it, is what matters. You discovered that you can have happiness, and that there is nothing wrong with that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit