Did You Have Good Relationships With The Elders?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Yes Anna

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

I tried to avoid them as much as possible as in my experience and for what I observed with others, any time they got involved in anything things would quickly escalate from bad to worse.

I had a couple of elder friends, one of them I've met before he was a MS, but they were just like any other brother to me.

• just fine
    just fine

Yeah, it was pretty good. As a female I had a lot of “privileges”.

Working in administration at the conventions, working fun assignments for the rbc.

I remember once at an RBC a “brother” was really rude to me because I was a woman, and one of the elders heard about it, went and found him and made him apologize to me.

Another time I was staying onsite at the RBC and it was cold. The elder I was working with got a salamander (heater) for the tent we were working out of so I could sleep in semi-comfort.

One of the prominent elders in our circuit was worried about me when I started to falter and met me for a drink at the hotel bar during a convention to try and encourage me. It was thoughtful and nice, not creepy.😀

Even when I left once and went back before leaving again permanently the elders didn’t hassle me at all, just told me to keep quiet about anything that might have happened while I was away, but didn’t ask about what might have happened.

All of them pretty much looked the other way when I was dating someone, as in I didn’t get hassled. And when other sisters tried to start shit about my dress/grooming the elders shut it down. Others were not so lucky.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit