Why continue to suffer??

by Tigerlove 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Tigerlove
    Tigerlove
    Hello everyone. I occasionally come on this website because I have my eyes on a particular user. Because of that, I end up reading a lot of people's post. Although very interesting and hurt breaking, a lot of them are very strange. Strange as in, why do you even put up with this. Every time I come on this website, I always find myself reading about married men who are living a very painful life. After reading those kind of stories, I always ask myself, "why stay in an unhappy marriage?" To me, it seem pointless to waste your life with someone who doesn't appreciate you. Other times, I think this people most really enjoy being miserable because they complain about their situation for years but still put up with it. I really don't understand why anyone would let an individual disrespect them after all they have done for them. All of them claim to love their wives or husbands, but they insult them. To me, that is hypocrisy. If you love someone, but they make you feel like less of a person, why stay with them and disrespect them behind their back? That is why of the many reasons I stopped reading posts on this site. Stories like that made me very angry. That is one thing I've never agreed with. As long as you are still married to each other, you shouldn't be complaining about how they treat you unless you are willing to leave. If not, you shouldn't be bashing them. I've not only experienced it on here, but I've also experienced it in person. I once met up with my boyfriend's father(first time meeting the man). All he did for 30 minutes was bash his wife, their jw friends and the whole organization. Then later said he was planning on moving to a new town with her of course and buying a new house. I was left speechless. That is just my opinion and what I have noticed among elder couples who are still part of JW "unwillingly.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i agree. it makes you wonder about your marriage mate if they put their belief in a myth before everything else.
  • DJS
    DJS
    Not me. Not ever.
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

There are a handful of geniuses here who seem to think that willingly suffering" (by OTHERS, not by THEM) equates to "storing up treasures in Heaven" or somesuch nonsense.

Some of these appear to be psychologically castrated men who seek the comfort of Mommy's Skirt when things go wrong, while others are man-hating spinster candidates who have never been asked to dance.

I think they enjoy seeing others suffer as a consequence of following their advice.

My advice to the suffering will always be "take responsibility for your situation and CHANGE IT!"

It is refreshing to know there are others who agree with this.

• talesin
    talesin

For me, there was no 'choice' - this is BULL, I am outta here. So, no family, and a hard life (what with my health problems, being on my own and uneducated wasn't easy), which I have never regretted! My freedom was worth every lonely minute, every mountain I had to climb alone, it was WORTH IT.

For some people, especially those who have children, it is a different kind of choice. Will their spouse divorce them? Will they lose their CHILDREN to the pedo-infested Watchtower society? And, having known nothing else since birth, with no education, no friends, and no way of 'relating' to anyone who is not JW, leaving is a scary thing to do.

Did you know that the Watchtower teaches them they will have nowhere else to go? I know someone (my only relative who still speaks to me) who is in 50s, disabled, and grew up a JW. This person said to me, "the brothers don't bother with me, now that I'm in a wheelchair, my friends don't come visit, but where else would I go?" That is drilled into JWs from birth, and it's a hard script to unlearn.

It's sad. Yeah, some people don't have the cojones, but for the most part, I think that it's important (for me) to put myself in their shoes and feel empathy for their plight, instead of scorn. xx

• Zana
    Zana

All of them claim to love their wives or husbands, but they insult them. To me, that is hypocrisy. If you love someone, but they make you feel like less of a person, why stay with them and disrespect them behind their back? That is why of the many reasons I stopped reading posts on this site. Stories like that made me very angry. That is one thing I've never agreed with. As long as you are still married to each other, you shouldn't be complaining about how they treat you unless you are willing to leave. If not, you shouldn't be bashing them.

Well, we are dealing with a cult here. I believe these people in unhappy marriages are mostly bashing their spouses cult persona while still loving the authentic real person behind it. And they stay because they hope, they can make the cult persona disappear one day.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I love my wife and it's not just becuase she is smokin hot.

When I was researching and waking up she was getting very concerned. I was reading 'apostate' stuff from the moment I woke til the second I fell asleep. Questioning everything and not relenting unless I was compelled to believe something by weight of evidence.

The elders came to meet with my wife and myself to try and help alleviate some concerns and strengthen our faith and resolve. Instead, by offering no evidence and no compelling reasoning, they made it easier for my wife to accept everything that I had been talking to her about. This elders call was an important step in my wife admitting that the religion was shit. They only advice they could give me was, "don't be critical of God's org... avoid apostate lies", and ofcourse this advice was given with a few WT article references.

Anyways, long story short, I'm out and she's out, and we are raising our young children free from harmful superstition.

Although I would have likely left my wife if she couldn't leave the JWs, I couldn't judge those who remain in a relationship with a JW. If kids are involved, it makes it leaving difficult, and there is a good chance you could struggle just as hard to find happiness away from the marriage, as you would have you had just stayed in it.

• JRK
    JRK

Tiger,

"I occasionally come on this website because I have my eyes on a particular user."

Who is the user that you are here to (stalk) follow?

JK

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    Oh, oh, follow me! Follow me!
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Hey Nathan hands off my stalker! Follow me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit