Big elders meetings?

by road to nowhere 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I hear of whole circuit meetings being held, taking all day. Maybe just usual yearly stuff, but it seems the local elders immediately held a followup. Anyone know?

I am sure it will be about better local control, more charity, kindness, that sort of thing.

Maybe this weeks meetings will shed some light.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

LOL I grew up with Special talks and other BS. Its always nothing. A lot of BS to make them selfs feel important.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

This was elders only. I know about the special talks and such, everything important could be said in 5 minutes. Now i just wait for someone to post the jist on here.

What raises my curiosity is elders having a local level meeting right away, instead of going to dinner or home. That implies changes coming.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

They are doing it around here (USA). Just a KM school that they do every few years. Super boring all day affairs where they spend most of the time telling you how a) you suck and b) the congregation sucks worse and what you need to do to judge them.

Good times

• Hecce
    Hecce

In California for the last few months the elders have gathering periodically with the CO and some key elders that are assisting him in the fusion of congregations and relocation of publishers; it will be natural for the Body of Elders to meet afterwards as a follow up to the different plans.

The process is going forward with a lot of complaints and unhappiness from the flock.

I am going to try to find a thread on the subject of maybe two years ago.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Back in the day, I had to go to a few special elders meetings at the assembly hall in Pittsburgh. It was really a lot of nothing. Like "road to nowhere" said....."everything important could be said in 5 minutes".

• LV101
    LV101
    Seems the sell offs have slowed down for awhile perhaps this is a new series -- or not.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The relocation of publishers and the reallocating of "servants" is in full swing here in California. It's got the older ones in a full panic but they just try to pass it off as, 'jehovah knows best'! At least 17 congregations in the greater San Jose, CA area dissolved! I'm waiting and hoping that this will come back to bite the wt in the ass!

The amazing decrease is surely a sign of jehober's blessing! lol lol

just saying!

• Hecce
    Hecce
    eyeuse2badub

Thanks for the information about the San Jose area.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I have heard a rumor if at keast one congregation being low attendance. Go figure, hall sold ( actually an old one with no parking, so that made sense), but the reassigned one was 30 to 40 minutes of bad traffic away. I joke that they still have a big congregation, just half of them are in gridlock.

If they draw a new line it will devastate my wife as the logicall street for it is between her last true friend and her.

I cant chance telling my specific area

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit