How old is old?

by joey jojo 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Having a conversation with a pimi elder and I asked him how he deals with the fact that he never expected to get old. He is 51.

He goes on to tell me that he still isn't old. I get the feeling that some dubs still have the original generation explanation hard-wired, even though they claim to accept the new version.

So my question is, how old do you have to be to be considered old?

I'm not talking about being as old as you feel, or being as old as the woman or man you're feeling. šŸ¤”

I think my friend is forgetting that 10 yrs goes fast and if I asked him the same question in 2029 would he still feel the same?

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Im 30 and feel old!

Im also condidered an old father medically speaking

• sir82
    sir82

Old is "20 years older than I am now". It's been that way for 50+ years

• Biblestudent1
    Biblestudent1

First meeting I ever attended an elders wife (who is a better collector of news and information then the police!! ) said everyone over 35 is going downhill and life will get more difficult

I felt a little deflated, Iā€™m a little over and still hit the gym

If you can climb into the top bunk in a hostel you are young in my book!

• Half banana
    Half banana

It must be a matter of wistful sadness for old JWs now facing their own extinction. The ridiculous extension of the 1914 generation by overlapping--cannot apply to individuals, no they've all got to die.

Not dying was the very thing their "Bible based" religion had guaranteed them. Instead it's the cult beliefs which get the overlapping treatment to go on to delude yet another generation .........and so it continues. The poor suckers who believed the Watchtower are expendable.

Never believe anything the JW organisation teaches!

• contramundum
    contramundum

I'm over 50 and still feel young šŸ˜ƒ

I feel younger at heart now I'm out than I did 10 years ago when I was in the religion .

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i'm 71..and feel great. ive got CHD and COPD ...but ive also got a lovely wife 23 years younger than me--who looks half her age--and keeps me fit. shes also a trained carer so ive no worries.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The bible standard of 70 or 80 still holds. Few 80ish people make 90, hardly any 100

Aches, declining functions befall is all. Not to mention cancer and unforseen things. You may feel 50 is old, but wait

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Age is just a number! Enough Said!

• waton
    waton

past 100.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit