What JW Beliefs Did You Find Difficult To Explain?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

So, how come it took me so long to see TTATT?

Image result for pounding head against the wall

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

After the 1995 assemblies, I no longer tried to explain the "generation" teaching. I stopped defending the teaching on blood when they introduced the fraction loop hole. I new used the 144 000 as an argument to say how close to the end we were. And I stopped preaching that God would kill all non-JWs back when I was still a tanager.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The One Towel Rule.

Rub a Dub

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    minimus - "What JW beliefs did you find difficult to explain?"

None, really.

Mostly because I didn't go out of my way to talk about it all that much.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

God allowing his son to be tortured to death because two naked people ate some fruit and we lost eternal life. Struggled with that as a teenager.

• em1913
    em1913

"The light gets brighter." I remember vividly that "tacking into the wind" Watchtower study in the early 80s that tried to put this concept into simple terms, and while it sounded good to a believing JW, you couldn't explain it to a person at the door without them giving you the fishiest of fishy looks. "Tacking into the wind" means absolutely nothing to anybody who's never been on a boat in their lives, and anybody who does know about boats knows that the way the WT used the analogy is completely ridiculous. A tacking boat may move from side to side, but it never goes backwards.

• pixel
    pixel

FOR JOKES: I imagine that explaining that sleeping with a pillow = masturbation could be really hard to explain.

FOR REAL: Generation.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

For me it was why did Jehovah and his son choose a lying corrupt religious publishing house as their chosen select earthly organization or voice for all mankind ?

This organization after all wasn't adhering to Scripture or the words of Jesus Christ and selling the Gospel of which this organization preached bothered me as well.

• Ding
    Ding

Jesus = Michael

Christian = JW only

Little flock = 144,000 = only ones in new covenant = only ones going to heaven

1874 1914 1918 1925 1975...

Salvation requires unquestioning loyalty to a handful of men in New York

• minimus
    minimus

JWs are supposed to be ministers....ALL JWS ARE MINISTERS! Once you get baptized, you are an ordained minister. I was a 9 year old Minister. Lol... try explaining that one.🤓

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit