question: Pinky rink, the ring i have seen on alot of the GB resembles a Masionic ring

by goingthruthemotions 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Vidiot2 years ago2 years ago
    Does this look like the kind of guy the Freemasons would want?

Yeah I understood they were kinda selective about who could join, Vidiot, they don't take any old riff-raff

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Finky Halls traveling about giving public talks. and which was used to create 1914 date and the Dispensational era theology..

Finky (or anyone knowledgeable in Christian theology) - are Catholics dispensational ? Or C of E and Greek Orthodox - in other words the main, traditional churches? Do they at least use dispensation doctrine to some extent? If not who came up with it?

Also, the whole he idea of parables always having TWO fulfillment, or prophecy should I say.Always having an ancient, or type, and modern, or anti type, fulfillment. It has a name this doctrine...I forget it at the moment , but it's central to Watchtower doctrine.

Who came up with it...was it Barber et al in the eighteenth century? (Or am I confused). Can anyone explain for me please?

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Boom. Got the original hard copy of the Learn From the Great Teacher book. There it is, folks: the pedophile with the that trademark pinky ring. Can you see it catching the light?

• fulano
    fulano

So now they are freemasons, pedophiles and what else? Royal blood? The Prince of Wales wears a pinky ring. Oh yes and Swiss Toni as well, second hand car salesman.

• fulano
    fulano
    Why didn't you ask when you were in Bethel recently?
  • oppostate
    oppostate

A fashion started in the Victorian era, where people of means and maybe looking to hook up, but not necessarily interested in marriage, would wear a ring on the little finger of their left hand.

In the centuries since then it was mostly a sign of wealth or membership in a group, especially if it had a signet (a design which in the olden days was used to put one's signature mark on things).

In the 20th century it became a look of the fashionably jet-set.

Today it may just mean you are wealthy or have wealthy friends who gave you a pinky ring as a gift.

Here's an interesting site about pinky rings:
    https://www.gentlemansgazette.com/pinky-ring-guide/

Wearing a wedding band instead of a signet type ring on your pinky may mean you have a liking for this small sized ring which only fits on your smallest man sized finger and that's usually your left pinky finger. Why wear a small ring, well, because it was probably made for smaller hands, like dainty female hands or child fingers.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Although I think the GB are filth, it worries me that some of the speculations are veering into tin foil hat territory.

• fulano
    fulano

Indeed, some are ridiculous.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I think the reason you see a lot of men at Bethel wearing them is good old fashioned obsequiousness. The pinky ring has been edited out in the “Great Teacher” book for the same reason....we wouldn’t want to offend our dear brothers on the GB!!

Bored minds fixate on small issues ( I mean the writing dept, not us! But then again....😛)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit