New here...

by Jacobi 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Jacobi
    Jacobi

Hi all. My name is Jacobi, I am a born-in but mentally out for more or less a decade at this point (although it was cradual) and about 40YO. I don't want to say a lot about my family, but it is a mix of going-through-the-motions, semi-actives (but mentally in), some who have left for a few reasons and one really depressed pioneer. Because people fade in and out I have managed to slide under the radar and I keep up apperances of not being all-out apostate but I completed my fade about years ago (it also helped I moved to another part of the country).

I might rub some of you the wrong way because of my views on different things like politics.. I am not a Trump supporter at all and neither are most people in my country. In fact, I am pretty left-leaning :-D. I also take a live-and-let-live view on the org; I think it is mostly bad, but some seem to need the stability it offers. I hope I am still welcome here ;-).

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I hope I am still welcome here. ~ Jacobi

WELCOME! You'll find we're not nearly as prejudicial as they are at the Kingdumb Hell.

It doesn't mean we will ever adopt your political point of view, but we will recognize and defend your right to be wrong.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome

What part of the world are you in? I'm guessing somewhere in the USA?

• Jacobi
    Jacobi

Desirous: great to know!

Stuckinarut2: I am a bit anxious to say exactly where, but let me just say it is very late (I have odd shifts).

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome Jacobi ,I hope that`s not your real name incognito and all that. Don`t worry I was paranoid when I first joined this site 10 years ago however it gets much easier as time goes by.

We can have lively discussions here and people hold different views maybe sometimes we may lose our cool with one another but we never shun anybody

Unlike the KH environment we can discuss anything without being marked or DF

Take care my friend.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome aboard! .......

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hi Jacobi. I don't know about the religion giving people stability, they are some of the most mentally unstable people I've ever met. I agree that some people like to be told what to believe and there are so many religions that are happy to tell them. My view is we need to think for ourselves and make it our life's work to find out what's real and what isn't. You are very welcome here.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome Jacko

I might rub some of you the wrong way because of my views on different things like politics.. I am not a Trump supporter

I'm a Brit so have no say in the politics of the USA. the politics in the UK is a clusterf**k in itself. No wonder I'm an anarchist. They'll sort themselves out in both countries....probably badly. Mind you I did see the American election stuff on the UK news. I thought to myself, 'Clinton and Trump? My goodness, how can you choose between the 2? they both appear awful and both parties are a let down.'

I hope you can continue to slip under the WBT$ radar and fade right out.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Welcome Jacobi, glad you made the big leap from being a JW zombie to being a normal human.

As for your views, controversy always makes the site more interesting, remember it is only in repressive cults where disagreement is forbidden.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Hi, welcome Jacobi. I too like to debate at times and don't always agree with everyone's opinion, but I'm fully capable of keeping it in its' place and switching it off, being kind and friendly. 🙋

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit