Marrying yourself is now a thing....

by James Mixon 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

As a young person, I'd just like to say I've never heard of this being done seriously, nor do I know of any of my peers who have done this.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Thanks guys for clearing this up, I think..LOL

scratchme1010..That is some sick stuff....There is some good in marrying yourself, if you divorce no alimony....

• sparky1
    sparky1

The problem with marrying yourself (in the Governing Bodies (tm) ) eyes, is that you will sexually consummate a homosexual relationship. Therefore you would have to be disfellowshipped for being gay.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

sparky1: Good one and sooo true "DF for being gay"...

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Here's how you do it.

A Guide

https://tinybuddha.com/blog/marry-yourself-creating-sacred-vows-for-self-love/

And why:

http://prospect.org/article/marrying-yourself

I was going to marry myself last April, but the asshole never showed up!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Cold Steel: Thanks for the post..We are going bananas folks...

• steve2
    steve2

If I married myself, I'd immediately know if I were lying if I said, "Not tonight, Sweetie, I've got a headache". Then all hell would break loose with one hell of an argument over conjugal rights.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Will the Service Overseer let me read my own Publishers Record card so that I can make sure of my own spirituality and be a good 'catch' for myself in the organization?Maybe I should wait until I am appointed a Ministerial Servant so that I can make sure I am good 'theocratic' marriage material.If I break off the engagement with myself, will the Elders counsel me and take away my privileges?Must I wear a 'head' covering in front of myself when I pray?So many difficult and unanswerable questions. I certainly don't want to stumble anyone out of the organization for some minor misstep.I guess I'll just keep my mouth shut and just live together with myself. That's a 'secret sin' that the Elders would be hard catching me practicing.

• Londo111
    Londo111

You will need a chaperone at all times until you get married.

And forget driving anywhere by yourself...with just you and yourself in the car alone together, who knows what could happen....

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

We laugh and joke about how the GB would handle this,some here may not be familiar with the JW world but all the comments here are not farfetched. We know the GB would come up with some ludicrous twisted scriptures why one can not marry themselves....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit