April 30, 1993

by pistolpete 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

This year was actually “The Beginning of The Last Days for the Watchtower

Before this year, there were very few that Questioned the Watchtower.

They were truly God’s Only Channel.

The only one that preached living forever in a paradise earth within a generation

There were Thousands of Child Abuse Victims-----but no one had any idea!

A few, knew 607 was the wrong date-------but this information was hidden to the majority

Leo Greenlees was a member of the Governing Body, but the truth is that he was a hidden pedophile in an organization that protects the identity of pedophiles.

The Watchtower WAS THE VOICE OF GOD

UNTIL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE

On April 30, 1993, the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) put the web into the public domain, a decision that has fundamentally altered the past quarter-century, especially for Jehovah’s Witnesses.

On May 1, 1993 the first EX-JW – true apostate, was Born!

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

1993:

Grunge music

X-Files

World Wide Web

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"Before this year, there were very few that Questioned the Watchtower."

Bingo!!

Information -------- Just destroys ignorance.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

No wonder the org didn't want people to go to university these darn mathematician and physicist.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I remember back in my middle-school and high school days just prior to the internet era.

In history class, the teacher would conduct his lesson with ''the destruction of Jerusalem by the Babylonians in 587/586 BCE. And I would be thinking "WTF", it's 607 and thinking...well I have the ''TRUTH'' and my ''understanding'' is better than his because...well...I have the ''TRUTH"!!

To think, I would have fought tooth and nail with the teacher...defending the 607 ''chronology''...just makes me now sick to think about.

But, time and time again, I would come across references, TV shows and Historians upholding 587/586 & eventually the internet age, Ray Franz' books, Carl Olaf Jonson books...607 comes 'a' tumbling-down.

LOL, where's JWscholar when you need him,LOL.

• alanv
    alanv

It was actually the year that I walked away from Watchtower. And at that time I didnt have the benefit of the internet to help me.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I only dared venture onto the internet after I had lost my faith in the WTS . I can well remember the fearful sessions in the Public Library , looking over my shoulder to make sure nobody from the congregation was about.

The beginning of the end for me was in 1995 when the WT changed the “generation “ doctrine. I could see that they were fixing the belief to fit the passing of time. I didn’t go then, it took 2 or 3 years before my moment of enlightenment.

• JWTom
    JWTom

@bluesbrother

For many the collapse of the generation teaching of 1914 and also the falsehood of the "Millions now living will never die" teaching (oops, all those many millions have all died). Also, at US Bethel there were some prominent members of the Gilead School that left when the decision was made that not all of the anointed were selected prior to 1935 - and that more anointed were being selected in current times (of course this had to be changed since all of the 1935-era anointed were about to die off, leaving none on the earth). The 1935 selection of anointed teaching was also a bedrock belief that has gone to the trashcan.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

BluesBrother

"The beginning of the end for me was in 1995 when the WT changed the “generation “ doctrine. I could see that they were fixing the belief to fit the passing of time. I didn’t go then, it took 2 or 3 years before my moment of enlightenment."

You are preaching to the choir. Yes. the 1995 '''generation'' change. That was a whopper!!!! I remember back my high school days before that year. 1914 is going to be 80 years soon. The big ''A'' Has to be soon...it HAS to be!!!

Then they slyly put in that new 'generation' understanding. Also craftily and sneakily changed the masthead in the Awake! from the generation that 'saw the events of 1914' to say 'soon'.

As one poster said a few months ago. I believe it was LongHairGirl, let us not 'underestimate' the 1995 ''generation'' change. It was a cunning and underhanded way to ''buy more time''.

• JeffT
    JeffT

My wife and I stopped going to meetings in 1988 and sent our DA letter in 1989. The information was there for anybody to find, if they looked. Like BluesBrother I spent hours in the public library (which had a wealth of information) looking over my shoulder terrified some elder would catch me there. In retrospect, if one had seen me, the obvious question would have been "What are you doing in this part of the library?" After we left, we were part of an XJW support group, perhaps a dozen members from around the Seattle area.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit