June 2020 Study Watchtower - One or two little gems! :(

by The Fall Guy 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

When one says they have to cut ties with some worldly people identifying non-JWs as worldly, they never really left the brainwashing indoctrination of the Watchtower Corporation.

• LV101
    LV101
    Ditto Betheliesalot ^^^^^.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Sorry to be slightly off topic, but since I mentioned it already.

Seriously, the Mormon missionaries are going nuts. They’ve not been sent home (which would have been the sensible option, I reckon) instead they are staying in their assigned territories, in isolation, and continuing their preaching using their phones, resulting in numerous phone calls, text messages, and friend requests(!) on Facebook. Crazy stuff. Surely they will need to abandon and go home at some point. Or is it because they left it too late to arrange flights from many countries?

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

I was praying the other day and a robo caller contacted me about my autos extended warranty.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Some points in that article show that the G B are on a different plane....

"As we see from Jesus’ illustration, it takes work to find something that was lost. Similarly, we might need to work hard to locate those who have left the congregation. "

They dont have to seach for me .I am well known to them but they never speak "spiritually" to me, just small talk. Surely being inactive means you have stopped reporting, not attending. Come to think of it, if this virus thing goes on long enough , they will all be inactive.

They speak as though it is all about US ,why we left. They can't imagine it is because of THEM and their teachings

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

In the article they used the parable of the prodigal son and his debauched life and his father welcomed him back as a cherished member of the family,as a repentant son.

No mention of a judicial committee for his actions and then disfellowshiped and shunned by his family.

So if inactive and living a debauched life no action taken.

The first thing would be a judicial committee over zoom, then six to twelve months of being shunned then you can speak to your family.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    They speak as though it is all about US ,why we left. They can't imagine it is because of THEM and their teachings

The Watchtower Society writes with such assurance that it really doesn't matter to it's readers and public speakers what they are saying.

The WT conclusion is that they and they alone have the truth.....until they realize that they have painted themselves into a corner....once again.

"Er....... no we never ment that. The crap that we once believed is now being replaced with a better load of crap.

You got to....... Love me some Jehovah.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The Watchtower Society writes with such assurance that it really doesn't matter to it's readers and public speakers what they are saying.

I personally believe that the WT subscribes to the "If You Can't Dazzle Them With Brilliance, Baffle Them With Bullshit" writing model.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Ain't no gems in the Watchtower just worthless rocks!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit