Loyalty.....the new buzzword promoted by the watchtower Bible and tract society

by UnshackleTheChains 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Loyalty appears to be the buzzword constantly promoted by the GB at the moment. We hear it at conventions, assemblies, and meetings.

Let's face it loyalty covers so much. Shunning of family, friends etc. It's really about worshipping the Governing Body. But hey they are imperfect men.

Perhaps they should read last Sunday's watchtower about justice and mercy.

Arrf

• AmABeliever
    AmABeliever

Agreed! In the revised NWT they decided to change the word 'kindness' in Micah 6:8 to 'loyalty'.

Totally different meaning. But it came in handy as one of the themed scriptures used for the 2016 loyalty convention.

Also in Micah 6:8, 'asking' was changed to 'requiring'. What was once a beautiful scripture is now harsh and demanding!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

All cults want loyalty.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good catch AmaBeliever

The word changing within the Scripture of Micah 6:8 inadvertently instills more power and loyalty to the GB men ...

sly crooked bastards

Micah 6:8

King James 2000 Bible
    He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

American King James Version
    He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

American Standard Version
    He hath showed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth Jehovah require of thee, but to do justly, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with thy God?

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

A cult's very existence depends on the followers loyalty and obedience - "But all of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether we agree with them or not." (Watchtower Simplified Edition November 15, page 20, paragraph 17)

If this statement emanated from any other religion, JW's would shout "cult, cult, cult, cult, cult" from the rooftops.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Oh boy, isn't it just?! It's literally *everywhere*!!

Methinks they are worried. The kids in particular are walking. Reddit exjw is getting 1000 New members per week and I've noticed literally tons of new members on here, many PiMO, too.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ah yup! How convenient that the new new world translation had those words changed! Obviously it was by design, and tied in so well with the convention topic!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Listen and obey.

And ask no questions.

We have control over you.

And I do not answer to Watchtower (Gerrit Losch)

😂😂😂

All jw’s are equel, but some are more equel then others.

Cult.

G.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

They certainly believe that the boys at HO - the GB - are indeed the faithful & discreet slave and that Jesus is Head over them: look at this WT from July 2013:

“BROTHERS, I cannot begin to count the times you have put into my hands articles that contained just what I needed when I needed it most.” That is how one sister expressed her appreciation in a letter to the brothers who work at our world headquarters. Can you identify with her? Many of us can. Should that surprise us? Not really.

The timely spiritual food we receive is proof that Jesus, the Head of the congregation, is keeping his promise to feed us. Through whom is he doing so? When giving the sign of his presence, Jesus said that he would use “the faithful and discreet slave” to give “food at the proper time” to his domestics. * (Read Matthew 24:45-47.) That faithful slave is the channel through which Jesus is feeding his true followers in this time of the end. It is vital that we recognize the faithful slave. Our spiritual health and our relationship with God depend on this channel.—Matt. 4:4;

• never a jw
    never a jw

Micah 6:8 revised version NWT 2013): He has told you, O man, what is good.And what is Jehovah requiring of you? Only to exercise justice, to cherish loyalty, And to walk in modesty with your God

Micah 6:8 Jewish Publication Society (JPS) Tanakh: It hath been told thee, O man, what is good, And what the LORD doth require of thee: Only to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God.

I think Jews know Hebrew better than the anonymous translators of the NWT 2013

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit