Loyalty.....the new buzzword promoted by the watchtower Bible and tract society

by UnshackleTheChains 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• millie210
    millie210

Whether the translation is "kindness" or "mercy" the thought is still similar and is not diluted.

Using the word loyalty changes the entire thought and meaning, shame on them.

• sparky1
    sparky1

New World Translation = Not Worded Truthfully!

• Ding
    Ding

Circle the wagons!

• Giordano
    Giordano

The first thing I realized on my exodus from the influence of the WTBTS, lo those many decades ago, was to ignore the cherry picked scriptures (usually never more then one) they cited to buttress their point. Remove the scriptural authority and what they were really saying was revealed...........Obedience to the Society. The scriptural reference was their authority....... the final word........ to make the point they wanted to make. They didn't have to be accurate....... they simply had to be obeyed.

What became readily apparent is that the scripture was misused to buttress one of their wacky ideas.

Remove the scripture, which usually was talking about something totally different........... and their beautiful mansion, which was to provide a grand feast........... was actually a poorly built shack....... with no foundation......... rotten to it's core.

The other thing I learned was that loyalty towards the Society was a one way street.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

All cults want loyalty.

Cults NEED loyalty or they will lose everyone and disappear.

• AmABeliever
    AmABeliever

God doesn't demand loyalty.

It isn't a word that is used very much in the Bible.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I am so glad those scripture changes were pointed out. WT is so dirty and corrupt!

• zophar
    zophar

SnuggleBunny:

“BROTHERS, I cannot begin to count the times you have put into my hands articles that contained just what I needed when I needed it most.”

"....boy I wish they would have put in my hands that it is ok to have an organ transplant before my child died refusing one!" Said the grief stricken mother!

Or substitute "blood fractions"

Or "career" Awake 5/22/1969: "you will never fulfill any career that this system offers."

Very convenient that the food comes just when needed for a select group, the rest of us, not so much.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Great points Zophar!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Unshackle - "Loyalty... the new buzzword..."

Don't kid yourself.

It ain't that new.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit