Self Brainwashing

by OnTheWayOut 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Flipper, I would have to watch again, but I recall that Leah said something along the lines of "If you don't get the language exactly right, members automatically say you don't know what you are talking about."
    And I know that even "WE" don't always get the loaded language exactly right. We leave the celestial chariot and still use old terms like "presiding overseer" or we get behind on some minor teaching points, so we are seen as just bitter ex-members who didn't study.

Jeff, yes- "...to think I did it to myself...." That's what we are talking about. But we also want to realize that is the norm among cult members and our loved ones still in. We need to not be so hard on ourselves about this.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I wouldnt be surprised if the Jehovahs Witness Governing Body adopted the German Nazi propaganda philosophy of , words to the effect ,that if you keep stating a phrase/doctrine no matter how wrong it might be over and over again, by the media , sooner or later the masses will believe it.

And isnt this the way JW`s brainwash the faithfull ? Questions and answers from the Watchtower and study books that are designed to give an answer the publication wants you to give ? You cant give an alternative answer that doesnt bring raised eyebrows from the rest of the JW`s at that meeting. You are supposed to answer only what the JW publication wants you to answer .

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

smiddy, thanks. So true. I have seen, a handful of times, where someone raised a question or strayed radically from the main answers. It was met with words to the effect: "This is not the time for that" or it was just ignored and another answer was taken to get back on point.

I just got into one of those bizarre moods thinking about "selfr brainwashing." I dragged out the books or the computer library to eliminate any doubt in my mind about doctrine. I just kept going until I found enough Watchtower information that indicated that they "always" made room for the newest doctrine.
    I just find it crazy that I could support in my head that Jehovah protected "His Word" yet "His Word" was altered by men to remove "His" name. I never really went along with "spirit-directed" vs. "inspired" to allow for today's "spirit-directed" men to be allowed to make errors. The very idea of the 2/3rds majority blew me away when I read of it in CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE, but I was already on the way out by then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit