Get Vaccinated or Get laid Off

by StephaneLaliberte 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I’m personally for the vaccine, took two shots and would take a third if asked. But I know a friend of mine that doesn’t want to take the vaccine who works for the government and now is faced with this choice: Get Vaccinated or get laid off.

I don’t agree with this measure as it is totalitarian and runs against my core belief in individual freedom.

Now, with that being said, what I don’t understand is that my friend still won’t get vaccinated. Here me out: Someone pulls a knife on you in the street and tells you to give him your money. You have the choice to comply or run the risk of getting stab and possibly die. Most people will give their money while some will fight back and run the risk.

Handing your money over doesn’t mean you agree with person that stole your money. It simply means that you weighted the risks and considering the imminent threat, you chose the path of least resistance. Same goes with the vaccine in my opinion. You can get vaccinated or loose your job.

What saddens me about all this is that my friend thinks about this all the time, goes to sleep crying and feels utterly violated and betrayed by the very government she is working for. While I agree that she is indeed betrayed by the government and shouldn’t be forced, I can’t help but wonder why she is so obsessed about this. Taking the vaccine is safer than driving to your workplace everyday! I don’t understand the logic, I really don’t.

Anyways, thought I’d share this as it feels like the JWs not going to war. If there is a war where I’m called upon, I’ll likely go. But I would also respect people who simply don’t want to fight on religious grounds.

• Brock Talon
  • Simon
    Simon

Wait till it's "get vaccinated or we've disabled your bank accounts and now you can't buy food or pay for housing or heating"

It's absolutely wrong and, most importantly, it doesn't help to convince anyone to get vaccinated!

But I think any mandates should target government workers first. The problem is, so many branches of government have been granted exclusions, and if you say some group is excluded then the claim it's so very necessary quickly evaporates.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

She could tell her employer she is an immigrant and they won't be able to fire her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dcFtbrcr7w&t=4s

• SadElder
    SadElder

I remember getting a smallpox vaccine, them scratching and scratching a circle on my arm. Polio wasn't so bad, a few drops on a sugar cube as I recall. I'm curious what would happen if today this was the smallpox or polio? There were nay sayers then, but would people politicize, antivax, protest yah or nay and get all hot and bothered about one side of the issue or another? Would these dreaded maladies get reduced in threat despite an uproar?

Thoughts?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@SadElder: The polio vaccine was never mandated until it was proven safe, even then there were protests and to date there are groups of people (Amish etc) that don't vaccinate. Nobody ever cared that they didn't though, if you're scared about getting sick, get vaccinated, if you're not, you don't. There is no reason to say you HAVE to vaccinate against a flu-like disease, if you think people will die, that's on them isn't it?

• Simon
    Simon
    She could tell her employer she is an immigrant and they won't be able to fire her

Has to be illegal. The key is not to be law-abiding - then laws don't apply to you.

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

Would these dreaded maladies get reduced in threat despite an uproar? Thoughts?

1. The smallpox vaccine prevented the spread of smallpox. The COVID-19 vaccines do not prevent the spread of COVID-19.

The CDC and other pro-vaccine camps attempt to counter this fact by claiming that vaccines "reduce the rate" of spread, but really, how can this be known? Besides that, their faith in the vaccines themselves are refuted by their own recommendations after getting a vaccine: Get all the boosters. Continue to wear a mask. Continue social distancing, etc.

See: https://www.cdc.gov/smallpox/vaccine-basics/index.html

See: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/you-can-still-spread-develop-covid-19-after-getting-a-vaccine-what-to-know

See: https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/07/30/1022867219/cdc-study-provincetown-delta-vaccinated-breakthrough-mask-guidance

2. Smallpox had a worldwide mortality rate of 30%. COVID-19 worldwide mortality rate is 2% (allegedly)

Note: The U.S. mortality rate for COVID-19 is even less and that is if you accept the dubious mortality numbers to begin with, given the WHO, CDC, and others have been counting people who die WITH COVID-19 the same as those who die FROM it. On your deathbed with cancer and then get COVID-19 to finish you off? COVID death. Go through a windshield in an accident, get rushed to a hospital and they find you have COVID-19 and you die? COVID death.

Note: I am not in the camp of people who read that one report about only 6% of COVID-19 deaths have no co-morbidity as meaning the number of COVID-19 death reported can then be reduced by 94%. That is much too simplistic. But I AM in the camp of those who believe the reported numbers of COVID-19 deaths have been counted in a way that no other disease in history has been counted and errors on the side of being inflated. That much is absolutely irrefutable.

See: https://www.health.harvard.edu/a_to_z/smallpox-a-to-z

See: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

3. Smallpox cannot travel to and from animals, mutate and come back again. COVID-19 variants can.

See my previous post: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5080390732611584/why-covid-19-vaccine-mandate-wrong

--

We need to stop being frightened to death by people trying to control us. We need to think for ourselves, seek out the facts as best we can about our options (like any disease) and make our own decisions on how to treat ourselves.

We do NOT need to be led over the cliff like a bunch of lemmings.

• just fine
    just fine

I also am vaccinated but I think it should be everyone’s choice to do what they think is best.

Threatening people’s livelihoods because of differing beliefs doesn’t sound like a democratic society.

And then where does it end? Who gets to decide whose beliefs and opinions matter and whose do not.

Where I work less than 5% of us are vaccinated so it’s been quite a hot topic. The threat of it is just making people dig their heels in more…….. and it’s none of anyone’s business.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

She could move to California and claim to be a criminal, and the state will pay her to fight her criminal tendencies.

She just has to hint that she might be a criminal...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit