2020--2 Letters--Coronavirus--Memorial!

by Atlantis 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Hard to know where to post this, but here goes:

In my area assemblies are cancelled now, but field circus is encouraged with the memorial campaign, no mention of cancelling meetings. No mention of ANY precautions/stoppages. No encouraging of letter writing or phone calling.

It was mentioned at meeting this week that it might be the last memorial! Was that murderous loon trying to encourage attendance? We can only hope it's the last one, ha!

There were a couple more aux pioneers announced last night. Idiots, but their brain is not their own.

A presentation started with talk of how people are concerned about the coronavirus. as you go door to door??? OMG embarrassing.

We were listening from home, of course.

Many older people were there, a few not as old but with cancer, serious lung problems, etc. Again, brainwashed, and risking their life and others.

All of them went down a huge notch in my book.

Their attendance proved they would drink the kool-aid/ take a pill.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Just heard that all meetings and field service are suspended in the UK. Possibility of meeting in small groups in homes mooted, but not arranged

• Tech49
    Tech49

Pacific NW where I am, just received notice that ALL meetings, assemblies, and Field Service, including memorial campaign work, is cancelled until further notice. They will work to determine the logistics of the Memorial on April 7th, as we get closer.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Thanks for the early heads up Atlantis and Petra !!

Here in Melbourne Australia.

A circuit assembly at the Melton assembly hall scheduled for saturday was cancelled friday.

An elders school saturday in the west of Melbourne was cancelled friday.

All distribution of memorial invitations has been put on hold till further notice.

Field circus, however, is still continuing. Isn't that dumb ??

jtg

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think any JWs carrying on field service in these circumstances is likely to face a public backlash. They’ll suspend it soon enough.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

And just got a call from a mate.

Apparently the Aus branch is leaving decision making re field circus and memorial invites up to local bodies of eldubs in Australian states and local congs.

jtg

• caves
    caves

Wakanda-It was mentioned at meeting this week that it might be the last memorial! Was that murderous loon trying to encourage attendance?

I remember them saying that when I was little, every memorial. The very last time I ever spoke with any jw relative was right before the memorial in 2012 and they said this exact thing. I immediately spoke to her like shes never heard and I was a little surprised I spoke that way to be honest. I said "That is the last time you will ever use fear as a tool to try to get me to do anything, I am done , We are DONE!." That's the last thing I ever said and I intent on it staying the last thing.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Latest letter shows in the U.K and Ireland all meetings, including Memorial,and all F.S, even home visits from Elders, all suspended until further notice. Letter dated 13th March.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

All large gatherings suspended world wide until may. No definition of large. Some states say 250, some 100. Can we hope for 10?

• flipper
    flipper

The one great thing about suspending these meetings , is it will be less indoctrination pouring into the heads of JW's from the platforms. The longer the meetings are suspended, the greater chance that a few, or some JW's may just jump off the fence to freedom without the constant indoctrination. One can only hope. Peace out, Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit